A simple spear!

Ghost79

The most basic defense took in humanity's history a spear, yet we are not able to forge one in survival mode or in wintermute aside on one occasion. So my suggestion would be to make a spear to fend off predators and even hunt with it by throwing it.

• Upvote 3

• 4 months later...
On 6/24/2020 at 7:43 PM, Sherri said:

This seems like a glaring omission. Why can we make one only in Wintermute? I would love a spear in Survival.

**SPOILER ALERT Incoming*** for anyone who hasnt played wintermute stop reading. 

I LOVED the spear battles against the big bear. If this was an option in survival, I would prefer carrying that and a bow instead of a bow and pistol. 

• Upvote 1

They've stated the bear spear is coming to survival mode. That... uh... that was a while ago. Either way it's probably quite the task to balance it, because it's been a while :P 

Edited by Lumi
Didn't want that funny :P converted to an emote.

I have thought that the concept of an item is the easy part, even how to construct it, what it looks like, and what animations would be needed for it.   

How it interacts with the player and the environment is much, much more time consuming and difficult.  This assumes that the devs can even find a point where they feel the spear is effective enough to be viable in general game-play but not so over-powered as to upset other aspects of the game.