Improved Mapping

Fitz

I am pretty compulsive about my mapping and take great joy in mapping every catail, rosehip, ect before I collect it, while also clearing up carcasses before mapping so they don't clutter up my map. Contrary, I know. I'm weird, alright?

But anyway, what I would really like to see is collected resources becoming smudged and faded. For plants enough so you can still see what it was but also know that you got that one already, or in the case of carcasses evetually fading out completely. I mean I'd totally make a note of where the other 5kg of deer meat is so I can come back after dropping my current load back at my base, but at the same time I would probably try to rub it out afterwards so I don't confuse it with the next hunt. And sinse things don't regrow it's not like I'm keeping track of where things are for next season, so I would totally be crossing off the different catail groups as I collected them across Forlorn Muskeg in the hopes of not missing any.

It would also be neat to be able to cross out structures manually, for example after you've broken down everything inside.

• Upvote 1

The idea of your map changing by itself after you've drawn it is not at all in line with the lore of the game.  You're using charcoal, not some sort of GUI that could automatically detect when a carcass despawns or when you've finally collected those cattails you mapped earlier.  It's a picture along the line of what many 18th Century explorers drew into their diaries.  Why not take a screen shot of the map, print it, and cross structures off that print if its something you think would be useful for you.  For myself, I honestly don't think I'd ever bother.  I make a note in my journal of where I leave rare tools, but otherwise I have little caches of wood and water and food all over the map.  Sometimes it's a nice surprise to stumble into a house in a blizzard (freezing and hungry) and find that I've been there before and left some sticks and an extra can of food or water just because when I was there before I needed to shed some weight.  I don't want to bog down my game by marking every little move I make on a map.