Sound change after EP 3 update. Some effects seems to be more close

acada

I am wondering if it is me or not? It seems to me like certain sounds are more close to character than before. For example I am on Coastal Highway, half way between Quonset station and Waterfornt cottages. And I can hear creacking of the metal shed on the Quonset. I was not used to it. Or sound of deer hoofs sounds now for me closer. I can now hear deer from greater distance. The wind sound is now drowning all other sounds. More than before.

Another thing is sound of character steps. These are now louder to me and again drowning all other sounds.

Also occasional thud which sounds like bunch of snow falling from the tree. I am fine with that. But not when I am walking on the  Coastal Highway ice and in direction I heard it from is nothing but ice followed by horizon.

I can compare it with for example wolf barking before it starts to chase me. This one is same as before. Or the sound of walking bear with his crows. This one is same as well.

The PC sound setting is same as it was.

I was tinkering with sound settings and it did not helped. When I lowerd the sound level, everything was quieter. But still odd. Mainly those effects. Like wood creaking is fine. But not when character is in middle of icy sea and it sounds like it is 10 meters away. Now I noticed it seems like there is hoofs sound without any deer. Again on Coastal Highway, on ice. Heard like deer hoofs from direction, where was no deer. The visibility was over whole area good.

Am I the only one?

Yeah, I noticed the sound design is janky too. If I'm starting a fire when the wind is blowing, the firestriker noises actually make the wind noises duck noticeably. And it kinda hurts my ears. I think a lot of the sound effects got absolutely overcranked, and now they're fighting each other for the limited space and starting to clip each other. The snow whumping sounds always scare me because I keep thinking I'm being charged by an animal out of nowhere. 

This may be slightly different with what acadia pointed out, but some character voices in the cut scenes in EP3 seem to sound differently.

Some sounds like it's played from the sound source (the sound is "diffused" depending on the distance between the source and us. So it is the correct way), and some sounds like as if it is played from zero-distance (so there is no "diffusion" ).

It was the most noticable in the first cutscene in EP3.