Badges/Feats

hozz1235

I recently time capsuled to 1.56.  When I went to start a new game, I noticed I had ZERO feats/badges, etc.  Luckily, before I capsuled, I backed up my user001 file.  I was able to revert to 1.61, restore my user001 file and my badges were back.  

This same thing happened after I had completed day 1 of 4DON.  When I restored the user001 file, I had my feats, etc. back but I had lost my progress I made on Day 1 so I will be unable to get the 4 day badge this year :(

Is it normal for badges to reset when capsuling?

12 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I recently time capsuled to 1.56.  When I went to start a new game, I noticed I had ZERO feats/badges, etc.  Luckily, before I capsuled, I backed up my user001 file.  I was able to revert to 1.61, restore my user001 file and my badges were back.  

This same thing happened after I had completed day 1 of 4DON.  When I restored the user001 file, I had my feats, etc. back but I had lost my progress I made on Day 1 so I will be unable to get the 4 day badge this year :(

I imagine time travelling (that's what I will call it until the end of the world lol) confuses your user file with contradicting information, but I wouldn't expect the change to be that great with 1.56. Why go back just a few builds before?

4DON is time sensitive, so I guess it was very likely this would happen. If it makes you feel better, I missed 4DON too.

4 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I'm interested in playing 1.56 mainly because I can still use mods.

Oh that makes sense. These time capsule builds are meant to be separate from your main game installation, I think. Even a few builds prior to the current one. The newer versions of the game are backwards compatible with your older saves (including character save) but not the other way around. Your newer save files have information the older builds can't reference at all, so they are unrecognised.

That's my estimation, anyway.

Guest kristaok
23 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I'm interested in playing 1.56 mainly because I can still use mods.

I may end up going back too because of this and using editors. 

On 10/31/2019 at 12:53 AM, hozz1235 said:

This has to be a bug. Same happened to me. I've logged 2 support tickets but no response yet. Usually when logging a ticket, there is a response and acknowledgement...but this time nothing. I imagine they are quite busy with Ep3 stuff....but I really do miss my Feats.... Hope they are able to restore badges and feats soon :(

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 11:32 PM, Lohaan said:

This has to be a bug. Same happened to me. I've logged 2 support tickets but no response yet. Usually when logging a ticket, there is a response and acknowledgement...but this time nothing. I imagine they are quite busy with Ep3 stuff....but I really do miss my Feats.... Hope they are able to restore badges and feats soon :(

I've filed a ticket as well a long time ago aka before Episode 3 hit.

I lost all my badges.

But following someone elses instructions allowed me to get 3 back.

You basically load up an old game...one with the most feats...since I play Stalker I was lucky enough to have a game with 3 feats including Fire Master. Play it...and then make sure you save it before exiting.

You should now have the 3 badges...or whatever you had in the save you used...back again.

As of know I guess I'm content if I have to earn the other badges again...but if I had to earn Fire Master again I'd be mightily annoyed.

• Upvote 1