Rifle does not spawn (piligrim mode)

xONEx

I play at piligrim difficulty. I would always find a lot of rifles. I've been playing a lot this weekend, and no matter which spawn places I check, there is no rifle. There is alot of knives, hatchets, revolvers and ammo, but there is no rifle. I checked ALL common and rare spawn points all over mystery lake, coastal highway and pleasant valley. I tried verifying files via steam but problem did not disappear.

There's always a certain amount of random chance involved, and while unlikely, it is very possible to never find a single rifle.  I would suggest heading for the summit of Timberwolf Mountain.  On Pilgrim, one of the cargo containers always spawns a rifle.

Do you know all of the spawn points on ML? there are a few that can be overlooked , like the one under the bridge next to a campfire at the front of the dam, and the destroyed lookout are spots I tend to forget a lot. 

Also have you found the peppers cache yet? A lack of rifles in ML may hint at getting the weapons bunker.

(I Have not seen the weapons cache since revolvers where added, so unsure how many of each you get, used to be 3x rifles IIRC)

However the maps have changed a bit and with the addition of the revolver, some spawns may have been moved or taken by a revolver spawn.

There's also always a chance that some maps have zero rifles, but there will be a few throughout Great Bear.

Also keep in mind that after the revolver was introduced, people were saying it was too difficult to find, so they increased the number of revolver spawns, and decreased the number of rifle spawn to balance it out. So we may not have a guaranteed rifle spawn in each region any longer. It's been tougher to find on in Pilgrim/Voyageur/Stalker/Custom Interloper (rifle on in Custom Settings) since shortly after Steadfast Ranger was released, and the changes were made in hotfixes.

And RNG can be very fickle. I have a run going in DP, spawned in on the back of the island near the weak ice behind Hibernia. Ran to the Riken, had no flare or lantern to go in and loot, so I headed to Hibernia, usually a loot treasure trove. Very little loot there (but a ton of scrap metal), no rifle, but the revolver was there, in a place known for having a rifle spawn. 3 revolver rounds found in all of Hibernia. RNJesus is showing me his usual "love", lol. Meanwhile the Lighthouse was stuffed with clothing, while Hibernia had almost none. RNG is funny sometimes.

And keep in mind the Whiteberry maps are out-of-date, as Whiteberry herself noted in the title, and on each map. So spawn locations may well have been changed a bit. I wouldn't count on them as much these days. (Kinda enjoying the odd places I seem to be finding some things on 3 different Survival saves, one in ML, one in CH, and one in DP.)