Free Fish Hooks from Soda Cans

Timmytwothumbs

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, RegentRelic said:

you would need to break down several tin cans to get the apparent value of "scrape metal". I like the idea there just isn't currently the ground work for breaking down multiple items at once.

True.

BUT! There is a crafting system! Could add an additional crafting tab on the side for 'deconstruction' or something of the sort, which would allow you to convert X tin cans into 1 scrap metal. If there were other items that the same kind of process could be performed on, they could fit here as well.

Some say breaking down cans into scrap metal leads to a lot of scrap metal(It does). The same could be said about taking a hacksaw to Hibernia (It really really does.) The difference is convenience and/or time depending on perception.

Making 3 hooks requires 1 Scrap metal, a workbench and 20mins. 

*Wish* Making 1 hook requires 1 Recycled can and 45mins.  Gives a return on an item that (at the moment) has no use other than the survivors imagination and to boil water. May not be the best choice but that would depend on the situtation. 

I do not think there is a debate on the quantity of resources in the game especially on difficulty levels other than interloper and I would even include interloper with regards to specific resources. I find the more I play the game the more i just wish for more and or different choices to apply to the resources I already have.

• Upvote 1