Question about Mountain Town?

piddy3825

Been spending a lot of time lately getting to know Milton and the whole Mountain Town and Milton Basin  area intimately.  As I examine the region and get to know the terrain better, I am trying to paint a picture in my mind as to how the area is connected by the road and to which corresponding regions that roadway connects to.   

If you are up at the bridge with the cars on it, what region would that lead to if we were able to transition that way?  Also if he head down to the town and get to the bus, where would that transition have lead to?  somehow I have it my head that the road across the bridge would lead to Pleasant Valley and the transition area at the bus would lead to Coastal Highway?

Or could these possible transition areas lead to yet more undiscovered territory?  I'm not aware if there's some master map of the island somewhere but if you know, please leave a comment.  Thanks for reading

6 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Hey, thanks for the link.  Although still leaving a little room for interpretation it does look like the road with the bridge in Mountain Town does indeed lead to PV.  Kinda iffy on where that road goes with the crashed bus on it.  Good food for thought, though.

I created this a while ago, resizing and dragging the regional maps over the world map, using the lakes and waterways as a guide for how to scale/rotate each regional map.  Based on this, if you were to follow the road by the bridge with the cars on it, it looks like you would dump out in that little corner of Hushed River Valley that isn't actually used by the region.  The transition by the crashed bus is VERY far away from Pleasant Valley, and if what Jeremiah said in Predux about Perseverence Mills being a few hours north of Mystery Lake, that collapsed bus tunnel likely leads there.

frankenstein map.JPG

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

I created this a while ago, resizing and dragging the regional maps over the world map, using the lakes and waterways as a guide for how to scale/rotate each regional map.  Based on this, if you were to follow the road by the bridge with the cars on it, it looks like you would dump out in that little corner of Hushed River Valley that isn't actually used by the region.  The transition by the crashed bus is VERY far away from Pleasant Valley, and if what Jeremiah said in Predux about Perseverence Mills being a few hours north of Mystery Lake, that collapsed bus tunnel likely leads there.

frankenstein map.JPG

very nice, indeed.  so tell me, what region is adjacent to Hushed River then?  somehow I have the impression it's neighbor is TWM?  I'm starting to think this island is a lot bigger than it appears.   I'm also assuming the island has an oval shape of sorts...  yeah,  geography not one of my strong suits,  i am sad to admit.

Sorry, that is the full size of the image. I just wanted to get a sense of how the regions all line up with one another.

The only region adjacent to HRV is Mountain Town to the south. Geographically, it's isolated, and pretty far away from TWM. There's room for a couple more regions in there. 

16 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

The transition by the crashed bus is VERY far away from Pleasant Valley, and if what Jeremiah said in Predux about Perseverence Mills being a few hours north of Mystery Lake, that collapsed bus tunnel likely leads there

My thoughts, too. The Mountain Town crashed prison bus tunnel leads to Perseverance Mills as does Pleasant Valley's road collapse after the "Long Curve" also leads to Perseverance Mills. It just makes sense that Perseverance Mills is just north of ML sitting between MT and PV.