Should I care whatsoever about most of the side quests in episode 2?

So, I've been plowing through most of Episode One and Two easily enough. And I've done all of the sidequests in Episode One. But I have a heap of them unfinished in episode two. Mostly relating to the ones you receive from the skill books littered about the maps. I just completed the Aurora Bunker, Culling Wolves, and Hanks Hatch, Lake Gunshots, and all the Caches. So I was wondering, should I bother with these final few or just camp out at the Dam waiting for an Aurora. 

Do these quests offer any useful goodies and craftables? Because while I have enjoyed this Redux immensely, the allure of Stalker and Interloper survival runs once again entice me there endless loop of trying to keep my condition up while getting mauled by wolves and such. I guess I just got bored and/or lazy? Probably. 

I would say that for right now Episode 1 side quests have a greater impact, because the rewards carry over directly into Episode 2.  Episode 3 starts fresh with Astrid however, so it seems nothing Will accomplishes in 2 will matter in 3.  Presumably Will didn't just die though, so it's possible that if/when we play as Will again in Episodes 4 or 5, your accomplishments in Episode 1 & 2 will be acknowledged.

Ultimately it's your money.  I'd suggest seeing all there is to see and playing through all the side quests.  But if you don't want to, you're not forced to.

• 1 month later...