Future Ideas: Pvp: Not Alone After all. :)

Ms Nutcracker

STICKY:

This is for the future version of Long Dark and if the dev see this will help the game.

I am sorry for creating another topic on this but thought i created this so its fresh.

This could be possible with out ruining the game fun. :)

1. If a player kills another player his stats to being evil goes down further.

2. Creatures will hunt him more the more he kills.

3. Other players can automtically kill him on sight with out penalty.

4. Armor vest will need to be added then so players cant kill you so quick! :) So newbie starting will have a protected vest and protection all around. :) So if some random player got a gun and start shooting the chance you get hit will be low.

5. Report player. This is in Eve and Elite dangerous. Have an option in the game to send an abuse report about player killing you on the spree. And player could be penalize. And if you died dev can give back what you lost. :)

6.. They can be conflict zones for players to hunt other players to see if they can survive them! This will be fun! Want to bunker down in a hut with that sniper rifle? And see how long you can survive all these players wanting to knock each other off? Then enter this huge zone. :)

All the game mechanics will be in this zone nothing will change only now your being hunted by players, animals and the environment. So how long can you survive this way? :) And if you want out just find your way out to the safety zone! You can get shot getting there! :)

And if you die thats it. You lose everything you brought into the zone. :)

Why not just turn off killing?

Cause it might be needed sometime later but to have rules and consequences will discourage it. Eve Online going strong for many years is full pvp but you dont see it like those shoot and kill games. :) So it will work as other game shows it works. RUST? You can also get killed in there. So as the other games like 7 days which is zombie infested. :(

So it would work. :) And players wont be grieved. The developers could enable co op with out players being killed with an update. So players can exp this fun while waiting for final release. :) So very possible to have friends to join you to survive. :)

@Ciliate Organism

I agree with wynarator... in each of your posts over this forum, you keep talking about games and mechanics and goals this game should be copying, even if they have absolutely nothing to do with the premiss of The Long Dark.

I can understand you want all the bits and pieces you like from other games all put together in one game, but this isn't the right game for doing that. The devs aren't about to scrap the plans for The Long Dark simply to copy other games instead.

And again I have to agree with wynarator - are you sure you haven't come to the wrong game forum by mistake? From all your comments about armor vests and players hunting other players, it sounds more like you're talking about some multiplayer game [which this one isn't], and a completely different game genre.

My apologies for not making this post clear i will rectify that. :roll:

This is an idea for the future of Lone Dark and how you can have multiplayer in it.

Its not the game for Lone dark.

Right now Lone Dark is single player and I understand that but that can all change to make it better. Why would the dev not want that too? If their aim is just to bring it out and then 1-2 years time it dies out. Let them state that. But if they want the future proof the game then all the ideas we are giving will make this happen. :)

Other are asking for co op too and multiplayer so do please tell why your against future proofing the product?

The devs aren't about to scrap the plans for The Long Dark simply to copy other games instead.

That is how games are improve that you learn from other developers. That is why game developers have exp in many games so they know how to build a really good one! :)

The dev dont need to scrap anything everything i have posted can all be built into Lone dark for the future! :)

So readers dont worry about Lone dark being scape with all these ideas. Just big modifications thats all.

Not asking the developer to create let say eve online where you can fly in space ships. :)

Again I state there is nothing to fear with multiplayer as other game have done that and succeed and Lone dark with the right balance can make it work too. :) There is nothing to fear..

Example:

Long ago guys players would be discouraging exploration and will do like what your currently doing. No no I dont want that for the game no one will play it. This is a shoot em up game! No exploration! Go away and find another game! Good luck finding a game that has that! :roll: So boring! Why would you want to explore? Just a decent map so we dont get lost and thats it! This was the thinking..

Or how about massive online game today?

Again long ago player would be discouraging such things like endless space, flexibility, realism, etc. Massive space? What? That is just a waste of time! No one is going to explore all that! I rather want the dev to concentrate on art and making the place look special! Procedural generation was not a common concept and not common in games.

But because of ideas of the past and what developer learnt over time as said games get better! We all learn to better things. It never used to be open too so you get players input but it showed over time this helps better the product with this kind of feedback so developers started to be open about it! :) Because it gave profit to the company.

One reason how Eve online became successful. That they used new ideas to better the game genre.

Or how about this game? Long ago it would also be discourage and that no market would attract such players cause its all pvp and strategy. But it turn out really well and many do support it! So new ideas are not always disasters in the making it can bring in lots of profit for the company. And that is what you need to think about. Will it help the future of the game?

If the dev team did not want to branch off with new ideas again this game and like others will never be made! :( It will just be filled with zombies cause that is the standard of this suvival games. So new ideas and new understanding of game has brought out games like Lone Dark. Did you know 98% of the market are geared towards zombies?

So we are already an outcast group! Wanting to show the game world that you dont need zombies and that you can also have a world that is massive and be successful like Eve online! And still be about surviving! :)

Not that this is just exploration and anything like multiplayer or some large goal is just frown upon. Growing a veg patch is not part of the exploration but one posted has posted ideas about that.

The game is about exploration, realism, and surviving so any ideas that expand on it will always help it! :)

Unless of course we want zombies or we want the game world to become a first person shooter, etc. Then this is going away from what the game was meant to be. Or let say you turn the game into a strategy battle game. And exploration and survival just gets forgotten. Then the ideas for that are not good at all.

I am a backer of Lone dark too you know? :)

This is an idea for the future of Lone Dark and how you can have multiplayer in it.

Its not the game for Lone dark.

Right now Lone Dark is single player ...

The dev dont need to scrap anything everything i have posted can all be built into Lone dark for the future! :)

So readers dont worry about Lone dark being scape with all these ideas.

So new ideas and new understanding of game has brought out games like Lone Dark.

I am a backer of Lone dark too you know? :)

See, they are talking about a different game.

Again I state there is nothing to fear with multiplayer as other game have done that and succeed and Lone dark with the right balance can make it work too. :) There is nothing to fear..

This is a pretty naive statement.

Did you know 98% of the market are geared towards zombies?

Zombies are on the way out my friend, that's why the market is now saturated with them. Played out. Old hat. Been there done that.

This is a pretty naive statement.

I got the evidences to show you it works if you like to know. :) I am not just stating it out of the blue.

Zombies are on the way out my friend, that's why the market is now saturated with them. Played out. Old hat. Been there done that.

And its good its out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) And why Long Dark is such a good game!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I wish there was rule on this perhaps the dev can add it:

Its not nice for someone to add their idea and then to have a post saying its not wanted or comments like did you post it in the right forum? With rolled eyes.

My apologies for not making this post clear i will rectify that. :roll:

Btw TlD is about being alone innit?

But games improve so its about future proofing the game. This is what matters, goal changes.

So for now it might be alone but later on it can expand. And well I read they are going to be NPC in the game you know and well the bigger picture is about humanity being wiped out so really is not all about being alone. As there will be only so many new maps before players reach civilization? So what then? Still alone? :) Or end the game and start a whole new one?

And also:

Morally challenging scenarios that push players to answer the question: “How far will you go to survive?”. Any survivor you meet in the world can be friend or foe. Will you risk your life to discover what they know and selflessly sacrifice for the common good, or live—and potentially die—by the adage, “might makes right”?

So where is the alone forever? :) Are these NPC? Or real players? If your going to meet NPC then its expected that you will also meet more NPC then then its expected that MP will need to be in the game for the future.

So how are you going to deal with this with no MP??????????? :mrgreen:

Scotty we got a problem!!

This is what matters, goal changes.

If I want a different game, I buy another.

There might be npc's and whatever, and even interaction between them, but still you're on your own.

I can name Stalker here, what had a system of npcs aswell and still that profound feeling of loneliness.

Tho you seem to be a special case, will keep myself out of here.

Archived