TLD WISHLIST FOR 2015

TLDFAN

Just to toss it out there for the bow debate, and to make things different from bows you see in other games. Making a reliable bow from scratch is hard, but there are many kinda of bows and many ways to fire an arrow

6PQopj9.jpg

If you have ever seen the Book of Eli the open sequence has the Protagonists fire a bow while laying on his back with the bow held by his feet

[bBvideo 560,340:2kw86zcy]

[/bBvideo]

of coarse to craft any bow or arrow you would probably need the option to forage for "Sticks". Trying to fire from this way would limit your movement, but you still get to feel like a badass

I might start another thread about "Why I hate the bow idea" cause lots of people write about it :)

While you are working on those reasons.

This chick built one, made 3 arrows and caught dinner all while you were pondering why its so hard so hard so hard. If you were limited to very few non-renewable resources but had the capacity to make a bow you damn well would if you have the materials. Not only that but all arguments to the durability of bows are valid, the durability of all items in the game are limited for the most part so where is the argument?

[bBvideo 560,340:cxbeh5u8]

[/bBvideo]

I should think that you could use gut for a bow drill, since it's strong enough to use for fishing line or snares. But it could also be possible to craft cordage from cloth, or from some natural material that you need to forage first.

You could definitely use gut, since they used to make bowstrings out of gut. But I think a strip of leather would work too.

I might start another thread about "Why I hate the bow idea" cause lots of people write about it :)

This chick built one, made 3 arrows and caught dinner all while you were pondering why its so hard so hard so hard. If you were limited to very few non-renewable resources but had the capacity to make a bow you damn well would if you have the materials. Not only that but all arguments to the durability of bows are valid, the durability of all items in the game are limited for the most part so where is the argument?

[bBvideo 560,340:rs1kma1c]

[/bBvideo]

Wow I think I'm in love.

Leather (or just plant fibers, roots etc) should be easy to make a bow drill with, since it just needs to be a decently strong cord... but I don't think anything besides gut should ever be considered for a bow (and arrow) line...

[bBvideo 560,340:e3z84740]

[/bBvideo]

Wow I think I'm in love.

Leather (or just plant fibers, roots etc) should be easy to make a bow drill with, since it just needs to be a decently strong cord... but I don't think anything besides gut should ever be considered for a bow (and arrow) line...

Yeah Mega Hottie - Quite the wilderness pro too.

Archived