Calorie Limit

ArrayKnight

I have hit a 3000 calorie max limit a couple times. Is there a reason I can't gorge myself like a typical American? I feel like a mechanical limit like this is arbitrary. If, on the other hand, the limit was removed, I feel like there should be a (medical) punishment for overeating.

Agree I should be able to be as fat as I want to be... Wait... Strike that... Keep the limit I'm getting chunky even by American standards :]

Gamewise I think its an important limit... I really can't eat an MRE and 3 venison steaks... for real if we don't keep a lid on our eating habits then we are all doomed.

Only solution in my mind is that if you over eat you get cramps or a weight penalty... just eating :]

Perhaps make you more tired if you overeat, I know I am always sleepy after a big meal. Truthfully though, I have reached the 3000 Calorie limit once myself, only while testing to see if I could get food poisoning from any other food besides the candy bar and the raw venison.

• Hinterland

Hey guys,

The calorie limit is an important balancing tool.

Not really a fan of adding weight to the character. This isn't GTA. :)

The main issue with the limit is we haven't communicated to you that there is one -- I've usually never had enough food for it to be an issue but if you kill a deer and eat it all at once you may end up exceeding the limit, if you had a bit of gas left in the tank when you started.

Hey guys,

The calorie limit is an important balancing tool.

This is actually pretty realistic. You're not guaranteed to store all of the calories you consume, your body can only intake so much at a time.

Something to consider, and would be realistic, may be increasing the calorie store slowly after prolonged periods of fullness. (e.g. >80% full for 12 hours = +10 max) This adds challenge to the game as well as reward, and would be fairly realistic.

That being said, I'm happy with how it is.

Archived