Airport map

oplli

hi i think that Hinterland should add an airport map in the game.

In wintermute we know our character go at great bear island by plane and we don't know where he is suposed to land...

it whould be nice to create a little indistrial airport  in a map with a railroad loading station for products to be delivered at milton ,coastal highway and elsewhere

the map whould be conected by road to milton and to mystery lake by railroad. (the icon silent valley is a little map like the ravine or crumbling highway to connect bigger maps)

i made that picture to show what it could looks like.1265312766_airpordsilentvalley.thumb.png.45b47bbe0f7afab3ee1a737cbff36234.png

This is not a big idea i suppose that other proposed it in the past but i hope hinterland will make it reality.

To echo what I mentioned in another thread similar to this one:

It stands to reason... after all, Mackenzie could potentially use some kind of air strip since they were flying to get to Perseverance Mills (or at least as close as landing could allow).  Though, now that I think about it, Mackenzie's plain does have pontoons, so they could just as easily have been headed for a body of water near Perseverance Mills instead; making an air strip technically unnecessary...  I still think it would be neat if we could have a region with a small airfield... or a proper harbor (given that both are suggested locations by in game lore).

Perseverance Mills sounds like it would be a "company town," there to act as living space for the mill workers (be it lumber mills, or ore/coal processing, or whatever...).  I'd bet that we will eventually see Perseverance Mills before the end of episode 5 - even if only to wrap up Astrid's story.  I mean even in the face of the apocalypse she seems determined to get there to help the people that set her on the journey to begin with.

But what I think would really great, is if one day we could explore Blackrock Federal Penitentiary as a new region.

Edited by ManicManiac

2 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

It stands to reason... after all, Mackenzie could potentially need some kind of air strip since they were flying to presumably get to Perseverance Mills (or at least as close as landing could allow).  Though, now that I think about it, Mackenzie's plain does have pontoons, so they could just as easily have been headed for a body of water near Perseverance Mills instead; making an air strip technically unnecessary...  I still think it would be neat if we could have a region with a small airfield... or a proper harbor (given that both are suggested locations by in game lore).

Perseverance Mills sounds like it could be a "company town," there to act as living space for the mill workers (be it lumber mills, or ore/coal processing, or whatever...).  I'd bet that we will eventually see Perseverance Mills. 

I also think it would really great if one day we could explore Blackrock Federal Penitentiary as a new region.

yes the plane have pontoons but every body of water is frozen. also what is blackrock Federal Penitentiary?