Jelly or Jam

Ice Hole

Every time I leave the comforts of Interloper just to try out the firearms things often go very bad.

Just the other day I was on Voyageur using the rifle and revolver.  Trying out the new mechanics.  Went hunting bear.  Fired five rounds, could not hit it and the bear did not flee.  When it charged I was able to finally make a hit.  On another recent occasion the rifle jammed up.  Ejected the cartridge and then I picked it up.  I was not in any danger but during a bear charge  that would be troubling to have a rifle ram. 

Going back a way I might have had a misfire with the flare gun.  It was on interloper and a wolf jumped me.  The flare gun was at ready but all it did was click much the same as if unloaded.  Certain the flare gun was loaded because the animation to pull the hammer back was repeated all the time.  The flare gun clicked and the wolf had diner.

Anybody else have a similar experience.

15 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

What condition are your weapons

The rifle was brought up to 100% just to eliminate any variance in testing.  The Flare pistol cannot be cleaned and I think it starts out at 100 percent, have not seen condition wear before.

1 hour ago, Ice Hole said:

The rifle was brought up to 100% just to eliminate any variance in testing.  The Flare pistol cannot be cleaned and I think it starts out at 100 percent, have not seen condition wear before.

It does degrade with use.  5% per shot if memory serves, and some flare pistols found on corpses can be below 100%.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ajb1978 said:

It does degrade with use.  5% per shot if memory serves, and some flare pistols found on corpses can be below 100%.

Never bothered to check but I just did on my interloper run and it reduces from 100 to 96 percent.   Pistols on corpses I have never seen that before.  Found flare ammo never an entire pistol.

Just now, Ice Hole said:

Never bothered to check but I just did on my interloper run and it reduces from 100 to 96 percent.   Pistols on corpses I have never seen that before.  Found flare ammo never an entire pistol.

If you play Interloper that's to be expected.  I do custom runs with loot tables jacked to the maximum.  The most recent corpse pistol I found was in the Lonely Cave in HRV.