What I miss in this wonderful game

MrsValkyrieCat

Hi :)

Long time gamer, long time fan, had the game sins back in 2015, have not regretted it. Some of the changes I love others, well not so much but you can't make everyone happy.  But some of the things I do love is how this game is not so dramatic and filled with gore its more about being alone doing your thing. I don't want to change the game but at the same time it has so much potential. And I died doing the most stupid things..

Being a person that get lost ALOT, even with a map and some sense of direction I get lost alot.. I would love a compass.  a way to carve symbols into trees or tie a ribbon around it.. So I can find my way back to my current home. I miss out on so much of the game because I get lost and therefor just stay on roads and such. If we were in a place in RL were it was hard to navigate we would make landmarks and such. Perhaps its been talked about before but its my first day here :) 

Another thing that I would love is being able to have more fancy cooking, a way to dry meat and fish. So I can make my own jerky sort of speaking. Gather twigs and such make a rack and dry fish and meat. When find the little red buds can't remember the name, make a jam of them not just medicine. In other words you can make the food you gather even more valuable.  I wish that  might be hot chocolate like when you find coffee and tea.. maby it could give you a "happy"  and warm buff.  

After about 100days in the game you have your dwelling, you have your usual food spots and well I start a new game because I have done it all it feels..  But I would love having a sort of treasure hunt. If I find a small mail toy car in the postoffice, a small snowglobe in the lighthouse ect. I could have diffent things to find, trinkes, rocks, postcards ect.  Looking for stuff for my little display case.. or achievement thingy. 

I wish I could "clean" the houses a bit.. I mean if I moved into a house I would not let there be a dead person right outside or inside the house. It should be a give a worthy funeral to the dead. Gather stones, some wood, I know due to the frozen ground I could not bury them but making a small above ground grave. 

I got a million wishes, but some might take away what I love about this game therefor I think its important that this game stays true to itself.. you can't make everyone happy..but if you really really really wanne make everyone happy then I really want a kitty.. :D but yeah.. think that is another game.. O.o 

It's been often discussed and I think the general consensus is that a compass really would not work properly in the wake of the Geo-Magnetic Event that causes the Aurora (considering that a compass needs the earth's geo-magnetic field stable to work properly regardless of polarity - because after all even if the poles switch, all you would do is paint the other side of the needle red :D ).

Leaving markers you can do (though not actually carving things), you can leave stones/sticks/tinder plugs arranged in arrows or guidelines.

Food lasts a very long time if stored properly.  Honestly if you only hunt when you really need to and don't amass enormous quantities of meat (to the point of it being wasteful), I don't really see much need in being able to cure meats for long storage.

More recipes (food) would be nice, I agree.  Though I don't see it as a necessity.

I agree it would be nice to be able to do more to "customize" one's living space.  :) 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

Firstly, welcome.

Just some hints for navigating.  Rose hips, old man's beard, and reishi mushrooms are often placed in the game in such a way that they are directing the player towards a cave or path to another shelter or point of interest.  Of course, once you harvest them, that marker is lost.  You can also place stones or other materials you don't need (excess tinder plugs or cat tail heads) to make directional markers in the snow to also help you navigate (e.g. to tell you where you've already been).  Items dropped will alway orient the same way each time... so if you're headed in the same direction as, say, the single end of a stick, dropping additional sticks as you go will ensure you continue travelling in a single direction.  Notice that I've avoided stating a specific compass direction since it actually changes sometimes when you transition from region to region.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 2

Ну, лучший способ не потеряться .Это первый старт на Пилигриме. Я делаю. Я изучаю местность на склонах, чтобы даже в шторм найти дорогу домой.Однажды это спасло мне жизнь в игре. Необходимо запомнить заметные места и затем ориентироваться в них.

Think as a woman am more of a nest maker then a explorer if that makes any sense, so anything to get me to go out of my comfort zone is good, even if it was just a camera were you would get challenges like take a photo of a wolf, take a photo of the sign on the dam ect, anything to draw you out of the nest, yeah I do play the challenge modes but then its all about getting the goals done fast you don't get to enjoy it as much :) 

and as far as the clean house well for me its a bit of a logic fail as I can gather newspaper to brun, but paper that is all over the place you cannot pick up ad burn, should be able to gather it and burn it as trash.. trust me when your cold and need a fire anything get tossed it.. but yes its just a game.. but my OCD is a bit.. O.o