Quality of life changes.

FangedToast

Just some thoughts let let me know what you think. 

1. When the player is holding a lit torch or road flare. If the player attempts to start a fire, the held lit item is the default “starter” this way the player doesn’t have to cycle to find the held lit (torch/flare). 

2. Combining certain matching items for a averaged percentage of the combined items condition. Such items would be coffee tins, herbal tea, lantern fuel, jerrycans, and I’m sure I’m missing more items. So say you have one item say lantern fuel at 58% and a second at 87% rather than have the two in your inventory, there would be a combine option and the combined average condition would be around 72%. This would also add the combined weight together obviously. (Just a suggestion for the neatfreaks like myself I hate a messy inventory). I also understand that the size of the container dictates how much of the particular item can be combined  into one container, so you can’t combine a 90% full canister and a 30% full canister  but being able to combine them could maximize what the player can return with when headed back to their base. (provided they aren’t too encumbered) 

3. Removing the condition % from matches altogether. Unless I’m misinformed a 10% condition match won’t function any differently than a 90% condition match. If that is the case why not have it so all wood/cardboard matches would only take up two squares in your fire starter tab.  

02C16434-99A9-4AE8-8DFA-272576CB82A0.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I don't know, I think the game is fine as is... those three points are really not hard to manage.

Your comment about torches/flairs is fairly easily mitigated by the player just paying attention... though I agree changing the default ignition priority order would be nice I don't see it as a necessary improvement.
Having a better fluid management system would be nice, specifically for lamp oil.  Though for all the other things you list... it's not really that necessary in my opinion.
It doesn't really pay to carry a tone of matches anyway so the varying condition is really not an issue.  Raph has also mentioned that nearly everything in the game has condition and nearly everything deteriorates over time (though for some items not on a timescale that would always be noticeable to the player).

:) 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

I agree with you on the matches, I just hate a messy looking inventory that’s my cross to bear lol. With the flare/torch lighting priority is not game breaking the way it is currently, it would just be a nicer convenience to not have to search for it, if it is sorted by priority. 

Overall the things I listed are not breaking my enjoyment of the game by any stretch I love this game. I just would like to see it improved in any way shape or form. 

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:02 AM, FangedToast said:

I just would like to see it improved in any way shape or form.

Right on, :) 
And that's why I look forward to every patch.  So far, each one has brought richer gameplay and improvement overall.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:02 AM, FangedToast said:

With the flare/torch lighting priority is not game breaking the way it is currently, it would just be a nicer convenience to not have to search for it, if it is sorted by priority.

And I agree with you.  It would be a nice touch if the ignition source priority where rearranged a bit (i.e. having an ignited torch or flare supersede other ignition sources that would otherwise boast a better starter percentage chance in the initial selection menu for campfire craft).  However, I understand why it currently is the way it is, so even if it doesn't change I'm good with that too.  :) 

Edited by ManicManiac

1) Yes please.

2) I would like it better if lantern fuels just combined altogether while in inventory and then would drop or transfer in 4L Jerry Cans or 0.5L and less flasks with no condition factor at all, much like water currently.

3) Yes please... again with the option to drop or transfer specific numbers (much like ammo currently).