New visuals for weapon conditions.

SampleText

It would be very nice if the visuals for the rifle, revolver, and the bow looked different depending on the condition said weapon has. The rifle could have scratches if low condition, the bow could look more scraped and/or damaged, and the metal on the revolver could be rusty and/or have chunks off of the weapon.

• Upvote 1

Guest kristaok

Ya know this is a good idea! but at the same time it may be too hard to implement, so I don't think it would be easy for them to do all of that. 

If you gun is falling apart, then its not for a repair but for scrap yard.  Scratches reminding me Far Cry 2 and tit had really bad worn out mechanics. 

I would use combination of dirt and snow. Snow applied in struggles, dirt in use. Dirt is changing texture, snow whole model of gun, because you have bubles of snow sticking on guns.  However with snow its problem it should melt down when gun is hot. So swapping texture with dirty look would be sufficient solution.

devs can dismmised that dirt is inside of weapon and dirty surface doesnt reflec true weapon condition.

Rifle with crack on butt will work fine, just like scratched revolver.

Maybe like food get status into name ("dusty", "banged up"), you can use same system for guns. ("dirty", damaged) and connect it with different textures of dirt.

Guest kristaok
4 hours ago, Fuarian said:

Clothing has this.

True, but I meant while the Weapons will be held... that may be harder to implement. 

Guest kristaok
59 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

It's just a few separate models. With minor texture differences.

Makes sense. 

Devs certainly wont waste time with creating more models of one gun, because of gun wear.

They will leave it as it is. You read the condition of gun in inventory. Accept or leave. 

I like this idea, I think it adds to realism and maybe it's not that hard to add different textures to the weapons? I may be wrong, but I'm guessing the model itself can be the same and just have different textures with different levels of dirt in it. Anyways, I'm sure this is not a priority for the devs, but it would be cool indeed!