why are wolves so tiny

peepercreeper

ive always noticed that the wolves in this game barely reach knee hight and somehow are still able to knock the player on there back wolves just look like they only one kick to make them run away it doesnt make sense to me maybe scale them up a little?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Guest kristaok

How can you tell? you can't see nothing but the characters hands. Also in real life Wolves are pretty strong, so it would make sense that they could knock someone down. 

I get the feelign they're a bit small too, you can tell it by comparing your size with theirs, your hands are visible and you know your height because of your eye level. It's ok to have small wolves though. But maybe it's possible to add different sizes in animals? Maybe in all of them, and that can affect how much meat they have in their corpses? 

I like the idea of scaling also being somewhat indicative of strength. Some objects in game do have something of improper scale, i've not really put my finger on it until now tho'. I will pay more attention in the future.

But, the idea of variable critter size adds a new dimension without adding extra mechanics possibly. An opportunity to tune up hit/collision boxes, models, a further pass into sound, and scale approximation.

On 5/3/2019 at 2:59 PM, slvrsrfr said:

I like the idea of scaling also being somewhat indicative of strength. Some objects in game do have something of improper scale, i've not really put my finger on it until now tho'. I will pay more attention in the future.

Pay attention to houses. All of them are way bigger on the inside then they are from the outside. I don't see it as a problem, though. If things were scaled bigger in the "overworld" traveling would take a lot longer too, so I see this as a way to balance that and I kinda like it.

Edit: Well, kinda looking at it now, this may be the reason wolves are smaller, so they're not about half the size of a house.

Edited by tommykneip
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, tommykneip said:

Pay attention to houses. All of them are way bigger on the inside then they are from the outside. I don't see it as a problem, though. If things were scaled bigger in the "overworld" traveling would take a lot longer too, so I see this as a way to balance that and I kinda like it.

Edit: Well, kinda looking at it now, this may be the reason wolves are smaller, so they're not about half the size of a house.

Yeah well, that would be called a bear then! Oh, wait...