Episode 3 ?

Le Petit Prince

We've had the same sorts of conversations on several threads... and I've echoed this in other threads (even this one) but it seems to always need repeating:

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:51 AM, ManicManiac said:

We already know the team is focusing their efforts on the next episode... 

[content removed for brevity]

...I would again urge patience.  I'm sure the team will be eager to share news when they have something to share with us.  Lets give them room to work and show them a little faith, we know they are working on it... and we know they do great work.  That's why we are all here.

Hang in there survivors, it's going to be okay... :)

Guest Marcurios

@loriawI understand, i had more or less the same ideas about Fallout 4, which i have played for 2000+ hours, once you played a game this long, you just need to move on, and maybe pick it up again once it's released by the devs for modding. ofcourse the harder modes should be far more realistic or interesting if you will instead of speeding up the dials on the starvation and cold mechanis and such, but if you go and change the game to have broken ribs that take 6 weeks to heal, you also don't want wolves to NOT be affraid of fire, or once you have healed up in your cabin, you go out and immediatel break an arm again once a wolf hits you..i'm saying the entire game mechanics need to be rewritten..
In that case you can better start writing your own scripted mechanics in Unity.

If i keep playing this game after storymode and go survivaling which i will definitely try, i don't think that Hinterland will finish up fast enough and relese that game for modding that i will still be interested in it, they need to do that within a year or we will all have new games to play, and probaly other games to mod, games that are already moddable right now, currently modding multiple games, making new models and textures an LOD and revising game mechanics, enough to do..

oh well, atleast there are some interesting ideas i can borrow from this game's mechanics both in Unity as in Fallout and Skyrim.

Edited by Marcurios
forgot to adress it as reply to loriaw

• 1 year later...

I loved TLD episodes 1 & 2 even if the missions were mostly walking from point A to B, still enjoyed it. Now am playing episode 3 for the first time and everything seemed good untiI I picked up the rifle.. little rant comming- WHY THE F DID YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE IRON SIGHT SIZE ON THE HUNTING RIFLE?!!!!!!! CANT SEE SHT AND WHAT IM AIMING AT MATE, THAT THING IS HUGE, WHAT THE HELL? WHY COULDNT YOU JUST LEAVE THAT ALONE?! Anyway, thanks to that stupid, IDIOTIC, pointless change I'm done with the game, ciao.

On 8/13/2020 at 1:57 AM, devilkinder said:

I loved TLD episodes 1 & 2 even if the missions were mostly walking from point A to B, still enjoyed it. Now am playing episode 3 for the first time and everything seemed good untiI I picked up the rifle.. little rant comming- WHY THE F DID YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE IRON SIGHT SIZE ON THE HUNTING RIFLE?!!!!!!! CANT SEE SHT AND WHAT IM AIMING AT MATE, THAT THING IS HUGE, WHAT THE HELL? WHY COULDNT YOU JUST LEAVE THAT ALONE?! Anyway, thanks to that stupid, IDIOTIC, pointless change I'm done with the game, ciao.

That's all it takes to make you drop a game? 

Well... bye

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

@Gracia_WolfSlayer

Agreed.

I'm not sure why folks seem to have a fixation these days for joining a community just to grip & complain. :D
I think if folks don't like a game, they might just consider finding one they like better (or better suits them at least)... as opposed to what Shakespeare might describe as, "Full of sound and furry...signifying nothing."  :D

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Like 1