Tent

Moll

I think that tent would add nice option to simple shelter.

Tent has own pros and cons:

Cons:

1. Heavy

2. Fully closed, you cant shoot with rifle from it.

3. Cannot use fire inside

4. Cannot cure guts etc.

5.  Scare off animals

6. Require flat area for placing

Pros:

1. Durable, probably almost no degradation

2. Fully closed, 100 % wind protection

3. Fully closed, 100 % water protection

4. Fully closed, temperature bonus

5. Fully closed, sleeping bonus

Could be nice as a rare item alternative to the snow shelter. I disagree with the degradation, though. It should degrade normally, significantly more if out in a blizzard, and require cloth and a sewing kit to repair (unlike the basic bedroll which doesn't require a sewing kit).

I set slow degrading speed, because tent's material is very durable, synthetic nylon. 

I am not fan repairing of this item with simple cloth and sewing kit. So i would choose it as non degradable item for simply gameplay reason or special repair kit.

But i am favour of more versions of tent, like one made from cured leather.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:07 PM, Hawk said:

@Willy Pete- I just went back and checked on this because I was certain you were wrong, only to find out you are most assuredly correct.

I find it odd (not that you are correct :)) that you can repair a bedroll with cloth and not need a sewing kit. I never noticed this before in the 1,000's of hours of game play. Must be something Hinterland overlooked.

Now I wonder if there's other stuff that can be mended without a sewing kit. I'll have to start paying more attention.

Whaaaaaaaat?? I never knew this either :) 

On 3/28/2019 at 10:07 AM, Hawk said:

Now I wonder if there's other stuff that can be mended without a sewing kit. I'll have to start paying more attention.

I'm pretty sure it's the only thing. It does seem weird, but it takes significantly longer than using a sewing kit/fishing line so I don't think it's a glitch.

Guest kristaok

I know we already have the Snow Shelter, but I agree I would absolutely love the option to make a Tent.

Archived