Bow Condition?

hozz1235

I can't prove it, but I think that if an arrow breaks during a shot, that shot is less powerful and/or accurate than it would have been had the arrow stayed intact.  I suspect its a similar thing with the bow if it breaks during a shot, but I've never actually broken a bow while shooting it (always opting to harvest it and make a new one before that was likely to happen).  Otherwise, I never noticed a power or accuracy difference as my bows have lost condition.

3 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I can't prove it, but I think that if an arrow breaks during a shot, that shot is less powerful and/or accurate than it would have been had the arrow stayed intact.  I suspect its a similar thing with the bow if it breaks during a shot, but I've never actually broken a bow while shooting it (always opting to harvest it and make a new one before that was likely to happen). 

I experienced a bow & arrow destruction combo and the shot was perfectly effective, not sure if it murdered a wolf or doomed a bear but the result was appreciated. I personally don't mind if the arrow breaks on impact, because from what I've seen it doesn't affect the effectiveness and saves me the trouble of tracking the bleeding wolf, should it survive. If there was an option for making 6 thinner and frailer arrows with a sapling I'd use it.

I killed a bear last night on my stalker/interloper custom with a bow at 5%.  I used two arrows, one was at 90%+ and the other was at 40-50ish%.  First shot bounced of the bear (appox front shoulder) with blood splatter but no bleed wound.  The bear ran off a short distance and reset to  walking.  Second shot was neck shot and dropped him in his tracks.

-G

Archived