Tips for crafting long time stuff in Interloper?

muoz

Hi everyone. I was wondering what are your strategies when crafting long time stuff in Inteloper, bearskin coat for example. It takes so much time to craft and you almost always get cabin fever. Do you craft 100% till its finished? Do you craft little by little doing outside stuff everyday? Do you spend 3-4 days outside and then just craft another 2-3 days in a row? Help help! Tips tips!

Cabin fever is a doddle. Nothing like a nice night in a cave. The fire duration mechanic is such that the colder the environment the player (not the fire!) is in, the longer the fire lasts. So get a ton of sticks (and a piece of coal if handy) and go to a nearby cave. Stand right on the warm cold boundary in the cave (check air temp changes in the cave to find this), and build a fire just into the cold section (so you can stand in the warm section while you light it). Build that fire up to say 7hrs duration, pitch your bed next to it in the cold part of the cave and your set for a good night's sleep. You can test the fire duration by comparing a cooking time with the remaining fire duration. Fires usually last at least 50% longer than it says it will. With a piece of coal on it the fire burns so hot a blizzard won't make a dent on temps. Craft and camp out when fever demands it. 

There is also outdoor crafting in the fishing camp in CH, the farm in MT and the farmstead in FM. The fishing camp is very tricky with the weather, but with the others you can craft through a blizzard (forge and fire barrel are protected)

i like to craft until it's done. i'll cook some water outside if i need it, but cabin fever generally isn't a concern of mine. usually i do my crafting at the dam, and if cabin fever becomes an issue i'll find something protective to do outside for the night(like heading to the bottom of the ravine)

• 3 weeks later...

Same for me. In general I try to do as much as possible. I just crafted a bear skin coat, 30h, I did it in 2 and a half days sleeping indoors ... I had a start of fever when finished. I went to sleep outside and took advantage of it to cook lots of meat. I never sleep more than 2h consecutive outside. 2 pieces of meat to cook ... 1h of sleep ... 2 pieces of meat to cook 1h of sleep ... 4l of snow to cook ... 2h of sleep etc ...
But I could have slept outside between every day of craft ... just think about it. I never had a problem with that.

Archived