The Basics of Survival... Still need a rabbit...

Ape88

I haven't tested it, but from what I understand of it the two eps are separate and quests won't carry over. So if you don't get the rabbit in ep 1 you can't get the quest complete (or the blueprints for the gloves and hat). So I would recommend heading over to the church and throwing down a couple traps in the back and then resting a night or two till you trap one. You don't need to make the gloves or hat in ep1, you can do that anytime, but I'd wager you need to complete the quest before leaving.

Edit:

there are a lot of places besides the church to catch a rabbit, I honestly usually do it right across the street from Grey Mother's house, rabbits like to spawn between the school and the houses there. But anywhere you see rabbits you can catch them, you can get 1 snare for free in the barn by the farmhouse, but you can make more at the workbench there too (there's even some cured gut and wood there to make one so you don't need to wait for gut to cure).

I was trying the area behind the houses across the street from Grey Mother's house day after day. No luck there at all. I just barely managed to snare a rabbit after the second encounter with Methuselah and after a night spent in the cave between the two rope points. 

The thing with trapping rabbits is that there have to be some in the area where your trap is and they move around. So if you put your trap down without any rabbits around it's never gonna catch anything. So while you're walking around just keep track of where you see rabbits, they may not be there when you return but it's a spot to check on because there are always rabbits somewhere and if you know all the 'spawn points' you'll always be able to find some.

34 minutes ago, Lorebot said:

The thing with trapping rabbits is that there have to be some in the area where your trap is and they move around. So if you put your trap down without any rabbits around it's never gonna catch anything.

There were rabbits in all the areas I tried... Seems like I just didn't get lucky until the very end of things.

each trap gets 1 random chance to catch a rabbit every 24 hours, if it doesn't catch a rabbit it has a chance to break, if it doesn't break it remains and starts counting for the next timer. With only 1 trap it can be a few days before you actually catch anything. Best to use 3 or 4 of them and you'll be almost guaranteed at least 1 rabbit per day till the rabbits leave the area.

I had good luck between the gas station and the park office. And I can't say about that quest for sure, but I didn't complete the natural remodies quest until I got to Mystery Lake, and that still worked fine. So I think the skill book quests might carry over. 

5 hours ago, nicko said:

or collect some stones and start throwing them at the rabbits. crouch to get close.

To complete the quest and get the blueprints you need to actually catch a rabbit in a snare. Hunting one with a rock or any other method won't get you quest completion.

5 hours ago, cullam said:

I had good luck between the gas station and the park office. And I can't say about that quest for sure, but I didn't complete the natural remodies quest until I got to Mystery Lake, and that still worked fine. So I think the skill book quests might carry over. 

Well, the Natural Remedies quest was originally in Ep2 and was given to you by Jeremiah. The rabbitskin gloves blueprints were given to you by Grey Mother in Ep1 and if you didn't get them from her you couldn't get them at all in Ep2. I'd have to test it to be really sure either way.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:32 AM, Lorebot said:

To complete the quest and get the blueprints you need to actually catch a rabbit in a snare. Hunting one with a rock or any other method won't get you quest completion.

Are you sure?  I don't recall using a snare (I prefer stones) and I completed it.

Oh, and I don't think you complete BofS in Ep1, I recall a piece in Ep2.

Archived