Im blue da ba de da ba doh.

Bladebss

Every thing seems very blue now? Is it suposed to be this blue?

It seems inside houses are ok they dont seem so blue, but out side.. every thing is blue! I almost cant see stuff on tables in the fishing huts, because every thing is just so blue.

I havent fully explored all the settings, is there a slider like the brighness one im missing, that alows me to turn down the blueness?

Also.. i now throw rocks like i have broken wrists.. whats happened? Those bunnies arnt going to eat them selves...

I find that new blue awful. It is bad enough outside but inside, when the room is dark, the blue overpowers everything.  I hope the restore the old colours asap.

There are many problems with the levels of illumination, many rooms are too dark during the daytime while others are OK.  The barn at Pleasant Valley used to be darker in daytime then in night time.  It seems as if night vision kicked in at night.  The blue cast makes all of this much worse.  Instead of things being black dark they are now dark blue.

14 hours ago, Bladebss said:

I havent fully explored all the settings, is there a slider like the brighness one im missing, that alows me to turn down the blueness?

Hello @Bladebss and welcome to the forum my friend.
The redux colors do require some adjusting, (and a bit of a second honeymoon relearning TLD).
On my laptop PC, which has a very good quality display, several settings needed adjusting, (the settings don't look perfect right out of the box).

• First back-out of the game to the options menu.
  • Adjust brightness so that the wolf logo becomes invisible, (had to reduce mine from 114% down to 100%).
  • (Optional), adjust the field of view, [FOV], (to increase peripheral vision increase to greater than 80%).
  • Adjust display resolution, (changing mine from the default to the highest setting was my correct default display resolution of 1600 x 900).

The update has changed the games look deliberately to cause the "color temperature" to change as we play, (cold days blue, warm days orange).
The update has also added a heavy film grain look to the game, (sometimes very noticeable in vehicle interiors).
The lighting system of the game is also more complex and dynamic, most of the time it is very good, (less blackness / more silhouettes).

Transitioning to the new look probably will require more time, (perhaps we may see more settings to adjust the look in the future).

Also, it appears to me that regardless of display settings the resolution is much lower, does anyone know of more actions to improve the look?

Final thought, if the "blue light" is bothering your eyes, perhaps the Windows10 night light settings could help temporarily. :coffee:

Awesome! Thank you for the suggestions @s7mar7inI fiddled with mine and for me the solution was changing the resolution and the FOV.  I'm now in love with the new graphics.  I've actually started a pilgrim game so I can wander around going "wow isn't that pretty!" (instead of "wow isn't that pre.... argh a wolf is eating my head!")

3 hours ago, Jolan said:

I've actually started a pilgrim game so I can wander around going "wow isn't that pretty!" (instead of "wow isn't that pre.... argh a wolf is eating my head!")

Me too...playing a no stress Stalker run and enjoying the new look of the game very, very much.
I do wonder if the only working display resolution is the monitor "default resolution".

TYVM for the kind feedback my friend. :coffee:

6 hours ago, Jolan said:

I've got a couple of resolutions that work well, but its basically default or better

Thanks @Jolan my friend.
I don't know if it was a Hinterland update, NVIDIA drivers, or my poor old Alienware laptop is just running better today, but my display while playing TLD redux now looks like it is displaying at the default 900 x 1600. Looks so much better. :)

• Text is suddenly back to a normal size, (Splash screens and loading screens).
  • Logo's are all back to the normal size, (Splash screens and loading screens).
  • The full screen game HUD and Menus are sized correctly, (All game displays).

Just an FYI, on my computer, 900x1600 is the highest option available in the settings menu. It is a wonderful improvement. :coffee:

Archived