New "Arrow Loss" mechanic?

Gazbeard

One of the reasons I love the Camp Office as a base is to practice long range archery against the deer that spawns at the rail tracks ... and i've one-shotted him with some spectacularly long range shots.

However, since the Redux update, I've noticed a new .... ummm .... glitch? bug? map issue? that has appeared.

If he's standing on, or crossing, the tracks when you shoot him - the arrow drops out and below the railway sleeper.  To retrieve the arrow requires a LOT of repositioning and crouching and creeping around it - feels like there's only a small 5x5 pixel position where you get the UI focus to pickup the arrow .... and you absolutely cannot retrieve it while the deer is still there - you have to wait for it to despawn.

Picture for illustrative example - location was adjacent to the very small snow covered rock next to the tracks between the camp office and the gap through to the bunny and deer clearing below the lookout.20181219224808_1.thumb.jpg.c9007eeda5ec1b336e6c0f10063ac0f0.jpg

I never really use it, but I have heard of people who would save the game, quit it, then come back to find their arrows unglitched from the ground, laying on it. Might wanna give that a try some day.

This really is nothing new - arrows glitch under the ground all the time. And if they are at a place like railroad, the mass of that railroad may make it difficult to retrieve items, laying on it, especially if they are party burried underground.

Archived