PANCAKES

Rolandtigerfish

Don't have a problem with this. Though frankly, I am more interested in new foodstuff that can be craftable and renewable - to add more "spice" to the long-term game rather than adding more things that can be found. Who wants to constantly eat meat and fish, right?

On account of that, the game has no pans yet. How will you make those? Cook em on the rock directly? (not saying I would be against it...)

If the game had pans, and one could rip out cattail roots out of the ground, I remember reading about a recipe somewhere about how to turn cattail roots into starch, which could be used as a substitute of flour. It was not even that difficult to do - was really just a matter of leaving them carved up to bits in a pot with water, letting the starch come out of the roots into the water, then removing the roots, pouring down the excess water and leave the rest of the liquified starch to dry up into a blow, which you would crush into a powder afterwards. It was lenghty in days, but generally really simple. Or something like that - I am probably a bit off, I will try to find that site with the recipe...

With some flour, salt, animal grease,
and a pan, you could generally make some primitive pancakes. Make a rosehip syrup and you would have a sweet, natural feast.

"On account of that, the game has no pans yet. How will you make those? Cook em on the rock directly? (not saying I would be against it...)"

Actually the game does have frying pans.  And they are the same movable color the pots were pre new cooking mechanics.  Just some instant pancakes that cost water is all im askin for.

Archived