Newbie Survivor Log

tulkawen

😂 I have determined that making long term videos isn't my gift, but I figured I could try capturing a small fragment of my game play. I tried Cinderella challenge again. This time starting in Desolation Point. I got inside Scruffy's cave and found him at home. Couldn't turn my back on all this deer meat. I did need to survive for 20 days and DP isn't exactly resource rich, especially without hammer to make a bow. So sorry not sorry Scruffy but I want your dinner. I got eaten on the way back to the trailer by his pal though. Scruffy stands avenged and my second Cinderella went pushing up the snowdrifts.

Edited by tulkawen
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Been labeling various difficulty levels for fun with TLD smilies we've got, I think there are more difficulty lvls though.

pilgrim :peaches: easy peachsy

voyager :lantern: my first experience stumbling through the new long dark like moving with a lantern at night

stalker :wolf: awooo

interloper :toque: brrr i'm freezing, where's my hat

sleepwalker :rabbit: better learn to sniper bunnies or starve

deadman :fire: warmth is life

Cinderella :coffee: it's gonna be a loooong night waiting for prince charming

Edited by tulkawen

• 1 month later...

🤔 It seems my computer isn't capable of pulling too many fps due to the lack of a decent gaming card. I've been making earlier video attempts, which have resulted in poor quality and lag for me in game, thus, I did say I'm not likely to make videos, but the idea is still buzzing around my head. There is just something about sharing The Long Dark. :x I have gone from full screen to a window mode much smaller than my screen, which has given me a bit more speed and just a tiiiny bit better picture. Thus, a new recording.

This is another shot at Cinderella challenge. Survive 20 days on each map and bring only 1 can and 1 choice item to each new map. Furthermore, after trying all possible modes, including deadman (which probably has MORE wolves) I've finally gotten to my scariest level, the Stalker. :ph34r:  I found that I don't actually enjoy doing Cinderella on Loper, whereas, Voyager is too easy. Thus, here I go finally ready to risk being stalked.

There is no mike recording, whoops that. Then again, there is a good phrase to live by: If I woman is not speaking, don't interrupt!

Wish me luck! :D

Edited by tulkawen
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

:D

I got randomly struck by a funny thought and figured I'd share.

I've been playing Deadman mode lately and it did stress me out a bit, so, I went back to my Stalker Cinderella game.

This is my survivor on Stalker after playing Voyager.

See a wolf nearby. omg omg omg!

Crouch, plaster my back to the cliff side, pray the wolf doesn't see me, sneak along the worst terrain risking 500 sprains.

The wolf sees me anyway. Go EEEEKKK!!! Take out the flare, put the flare away, aaagghhh! the wolf is getting too close for comfort!

Take out the rifle, fail aiming with the rifle because the wolf is too dodgy, drop rifle and run for it!

Wolf jumps on me anyway. Tangle around with the wolf in the snow! Crawl away trailing blood to the nearest shelter. 😱 Stay indoors for two days to lick up the wounds.

This is my survivor on Stalker after playing Deadman.

Walks in the middle of the road because it's the quickest way.

Sees a wolf and ignores the wolf.

The wolf goes bark and accelerates towards my survivor.

Lazily raises an eyebrow... yeeeeesss?  :P

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...