More Makeshift Weapons (Glass Shards)

Guest Gamer935

Guest Gamer935

Hey

My suggestion is that at the start of a survival play through normally the game spawns you outside and on harder modes for example stalker means a wolf can be round the next corner. 

So i think that if you are near a car or little shack you should be able to smash that a window or maybe a glass bottle. Obviously smashing the car/cabin window will cause bleeding and when gripping it to fight of a wolf but could save your life as it could be still a deadly weapon :)

Gotta admit, I'm not in favor of the glass idea.  For one thing, cars use tempered glass that doesn't break into shards, it shatters into pebbles.  And while you could use a shard of window glass from a ruined house or something, that would be an unreliable single-use weapon.  You'd stand a good chance of breaking it during the struggle, causing minimal damage to the wolf.

In terms of extra weapons, there are plans to add a bear spear to the game, and I'm personally looking forward to that.  No official word yet on how exactly that spear will work.

A bear spear would be awesome! It would have to be a timing issue, where you see the bear charging and have a split second to plant and raise it before being set upon. A success would be instant kill, a fail would be standard maulling. This way you have to decide, do you risk being attacked with a chance to kill it, or avoid the encounter using standard methods.

On 8/29/2018 at 10:16 PM, ajb1978 said:

Gotta admit, I'm not in favor of the glass idea.  For one thing, cars use tempered glass that doesn't break into shards, it shatters into pebbles.  And while you could use a shard of window glass from a ruined house or something, that would be an unreliable single-use weapon.  You'd stand a good chance of breaking it during the struggle, causing minimal damage to the wolf.

In terms of extra weapons, there are plans to add a bear spear to the game, and I'm personally looking forward to that.  No official word yet on how exactly that spear will work.

Agree with all of this. Glass would hurt you more than it may hurt the wolf, to be honest. Ever cut a hand to the tendons? Don't. It sucks. And the surgery to fix it is not fun either. Our survivors don't even have a way to do simple improvised stitches, and only The Real Astrid would be likely to know how and where to stick the needle and suture material through.

But, okay, If it was done, you would need to choose which house you broke a window out of carefully. Because glass panes, like saplings in the Arctic cold, do not respawn. Ever. So break the wrong window and say goodbye to an above freezing indoor shelter forever, turning it into a freezer that can give you Cabin Fever, while it also gives you frostbite. Because... wide open window.

Nupe. Not something I feel a need to have. Or to have the devs spent time, effort, and money on adding to the game. Too many issues, People already get grumpy over not being able to shoot guns or arrows through fences and windows, and not being able to see out of many windows in buildings with loading screens. They would also have to add coding to make the current internal temperatures adjust to being inside but with an outside temperature in such buildings. Possible to do?Sure. Time consuming, labor intensive, and costly money-wise? YEP. You bet it would be.

That bear spear is going to be interesting though, looking forward to that. 

Guest Gamer935
12 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Agree with all of this. Glass would hurt you more than it may hurt the wolf, to be honest. Ever cut a hand to the tendons? Don't. It sucks. And the surgery to fix it is not fun either. Our survivors don't even have a way to do simple improvised stitches, and only The Real Astrid would be likely to know how and where to stick the needle and suture material through.

But, okay, If it was done, you would need to choose which house you broke a window out of carefully. Because glass panes, like saplings in the Arctic cold, do not respawn. Ever. So break the wrong window and say goodbye to an above freezing indoor shelter forever, turning it into a freezer that can give you Cabin Fever, while it also gives you frostbite. Because... wide open window.

Nupe. Not something I feel a need to have. Or to have the devs spent time, effort, and money on adding to the game. Too many issues, People already get grumpy over not being able to shoot guns or arrows through fences and windows, and not being able to see out of many windows in buildings with loading screens. They would also have to add coding to make the current internal temperatures adjust to being inside but with an outside temperature in such buildings. Possible to do?Sure. Time consuming, labor intensive, and costly money-wise? YEP. You bet it would be.

That bear spear is going to be interesting though, looking forward to that. 

I agree now the glass wouldn't be a good idea as done some research and the replies and same here looking forward to the bear spear going to be interesting 

Archived