False Expectations

piddy3825

You are stumbling thru the cold, dodging wolves and other things that spook you when traveling after dark, when you see the lights up ahead.

screen_c2013b18-c9cf-4f4f-b1b6-59770db69b18_hi.thumb.png.5a38355d7218129aefece387e040bc15.png

You quickly make your way to the front door and the soft light shining from the windows is warm, inviting and practically begging for your to come in.

You pop thru the door expecting to bask in the glow of warm fire, maybe a cup of hot tea even...

screen_bdc47901-81da-4bc6-be8a-03c326f16f72_hi.png

the door opens, you find yourself inside

screen_d859ba6a-4a4e-4d32-a62e-29d235c59664_hi.thumb.png.70e51428b62f124ec77552f889a4d6cb.png

No Soup For You!

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:30 PM, piddy3825 said:

You pop thru the door expecting to bask in the glow of warm fire, maybe a cup of hot tea even...

How amazing will it be; if some day in the future when the Hinterland developers choose to add new lighting items, like maybe a candle.
We could approach the Trapper's Homestead, find boot-tracks in the snow leading to the Milton transition cave...maybe some small loot items scattered in the snow from someone who recently rushed from the cabin to escape the ML region.
Then inside could be dimly lit by candlelight and scattered on a table would be small personal loot items that hint at the story of the now departed "Trapper survivor"...maybe even a cup of tea on the work bench next to an arrow which is only partially crafted.
So many new elements of the story to look forward to my friend. :coffee:

I also remember coming across it while there was smoke curling from the chimney. I think it was supposed to look warm and inviting, although it does break the illusion that you are alone in an abandoned world. It's the only deceptive location that I've noticed though, as the camp office, Misanthropes House, and other notable locations don't have the same discrepancy from exterior to interior.

Archived