Death after sleeping weather report

Roughly around a 120+ day on Voyager and exploring HRV completely. I wanted to make it to day 500 there.

My clothes got soaked from the waterfall, took them off, slept in a bed roll in the back of a cave. Died.

I seriously thought I was safe by taking off my wet clothes and the warmth of the cave.

Suggestion is: After death, have a weather graph with temperature and player temperature Y.  Time would be X. After death after freezing make it known to the player why this happened and at what time.

10 hours ago, huntergathers said:

There actually is a temperature readout when you look at a sleeping bag or bed that tells you what temp you will be at if you're sleeping/passing time inside it.

Yes. What I was trying to communicate earlier is that when you sleep for a 10 hour period, weather will change multiple times within that 10 hours to where your temp + sleeping bag may not be good enough to fight the cold.

Thinking it would be cool if after death they showed a chart. 10 hours is a long time to pass when sleeping where weather can do a number of things. With a graph after death, I see it as player validation, see what can happen, and this is where you went wrong. Validation that the game doesn't troll based on your circumstance before going to sleep - because all the player has is that rolling dice of a black screen. Feeling like the game can do anything.

On 8/18/2018 at 5:47 AM, Vonwoah said:

Yes. What I was trying to communicate earlier is that when you sleep for a 10 hour period, weather will change multiple times within that 10 hours to where your temp + sleeping bag may not be good enough to fight the cold.

Thinking it would be cool if after death they showed a chart. 10 hours is a long time to pass when sleeping where weather can do a number of things. With a graph after death, I see it as player validation, see what can happen, and this is where you went wrong. Validation that the game doesn't troll based on your circumstance before going to sleep - because all the player has is that rolling dice of a black screen. Feeling like the game can do anything.

Ahh like the timelines for resources at the end of RTS games. It'd be neat to see a grid showing the temp, your condition and stuff like that in the last 24 or so hours before you kicked it. I'm sure you know the dangers of sleeping without fires in caves, though.

Archived