Music

Klobberthon

What do you listen to while playing TLD?

I listen to the amazing soundtrack the team implemented into this wonderful game most of the time.

But sometimes, when I don't have my ears peeled for bears and wolves, I listed to Lana Del Rey

I think the haunting and contemplative tone of her music fits perfectly with The Long Dark.

What do you listen to?

The game soundtrack is certainly outstanding; its brief passages create ambience and game immersion. It's soothing when the music pops up during an early morning hike with clear sky. "I guess I made it through another night".

But for the rest of the time I don't listen to any other music while I play. I not only love the game sounds, but they can also be key to survival. Besides, I have surround headphones and it's just mind-blowing! 

Clint Mansell's The Fountain OST is my one true pairing.  The tone, instruments, pacing, and even the track titles really complement the game and official soundtrack.  Particularly "Together We Will Live Forever", which I could listen to on repeat for hours while trudging through the snow.    

Explosions in the Sky is usually a delightful pairing as well. 

When all else fails, it's just me humming the official theme song to myself.  

4 hours ago, horsechex said:

Particularly "Together We Will Live Forever", which I could listen to on repeat for hours while trudging through the snow.    

Wow. I just listened to this and you're right, it is beautiful and fits perfectly.  Thanks for the reccomendation!

It kinda flies in the face of the deliberate Candian-ness of the game, but I listen to good old American Bluegrass.   There are a whole lot of songs out there about harsh winters, hard times and lost loves.  Themeatically it fits really well with the setting and the stories I try to create.

For an example, check out the Del McCoury Band's song "Bottom Dollar".

Archived