Alternative end to sandbox mode

FireCraft78

Hello, so I made a similar post on the mailbag forum but since it's more a suggestion than a question I repost it here.

I've started many sandbox parties but everytime I travelled all the regions and then I don't know what to do, I have much food etc, I could survive many days without doing anything. So I stop the party here and start a new one. People would say that I just should try on a harder difficulty but it's not my play style : I like to have a lot of stuff and don't stress for food or whatever. Thus I've always wanted another end to sandbox parties than dying. That's why I'm asking today, if you've ever thought about making a sort of winning end that would mean you survived / finished the game ? The best example is the challenge where you have to fire from the Timberwolf Mountain to be rescued. I would like to see something like this, here are some ideas :

-you have to found mechanicals parts to repair your plane (they can randomly spawn all over the map, one in each region)

-there is a boat to repair on coastal highway or desolation point

-you can alert a rescue team as in the challenge

- or even just put a time objective (that could be deactivated) such as 6 months so that you passed the winter.

And to those who think "6 months, it's easy I can survive a lot more etc", yes I agree but again this is the problem where after a certain amount of days I visited all the regions and there is no point of just "surviving".

That's all ! Thank you for reading and do not hesitate to discuss about this suggestion in the replies !

10 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

So basically...additional Challenge Modes? ;)
I like the ideas, and I think these would be better implemented as Challenge Modes, rather than applicable to the core survivor mode.

Yes kinda but Challenges that would make you explore all the regions because I think the actual challenges are too focused on 1-2 regions. Moreover, that would be very opened challenges that let you free on the way you do it instead of being "taught" what you have to do (so it would be closer to the sandbox mode). I hope the devs are working on these types of challenges (since they said they are working on new challenges).

2 hours ago, FireCraft78 said:

Yes kinda but Challenges that would make you explore all the regions because I think the actual challenges are too focused on 1-2 regions. Moreover, that would be very opened challenges that let you free on the way you do it instead of being "taught" what you have to do (so it would be closer to the sandbox mode). I hope the devs are working on these types of challenges (since they said they are working on new challenges).

True, most challenges are rather restricted.  Some however you basically have free reign. The Hunted: Part Two for instance.  I don't believe the bear follows you anymore, so you could drag that one out as long as possible, ending the run by finally killing the bear.  (Well...not killing the bear per se....but I'm not gonna spoil the ending for those that haven't played it.)  Or Nomad--that one you can quite easily explore the whole world, and drag it out as long as you want by simply leaving one objective unfulfilled.

Archived