Bearskin bedroll decay rate.

MHDan

@Cattleman      I've just looked in my wardrobe and frankly rather surprised..   one is at 72% and the other at 61%. .

If I remember correctly though the second one I made a lot earlier ..  I would have repaired it to 100% before putting it away though.

I hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Cattleman said:

I remember many years ago containers slowed decay rate... But alot has been changed since then and I cant seem to find anything that has been said about decay in container recently.

I've never seen a difference in rate of decay for things in containers or on the floor.  I tested it with various clothing items a long time ago (2018-2019 maybe), mending multiples of the same thing to 100% and keeping one in my inventory, one on the floor, and one in a container, and they all decayed at the same rate, to the same level after a couple in-game weeks.

• Upvote 1

With some real data over 500 day:  My actively used bearskin bedroll decay rate is about 50% / 60 day.

Day

- craft bedroll
210   repair bedroll
271   repair bedroll, 47%
335   repair bedroll, 53
405   repair bedroll, 56
472   repair bedroll, 54
534   repair bedroll, 49
597   repair bedroll 45
663   repair bedroll
722   repair bedroll, +55%

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I've never seen a difference in rate of decay for things in containers or on the floor.  I tested it with various clothing items a long time ago (2018-2019 maybe), mending multiples of the same thing to 100% and keeping one in my inventory, one on the floor, and one in a container, and they all decayed at the same rate, to the same level after a couple in-game weeks.

Thank you this is exactly the info I was looking for. An it confirms my somewhat short and sporadic tests.