seek, track, meet other survivors

Senseless Survival

After years of playing TLD, I got tired of surviving and doing the same things as I did the day before. There was an increasing desire to interact with other survivors.

In the course of the game, I would like to be able to meet at least one or two people and exchange items or interact with them in other ways.

It would also be exciting if at first you only discovered traces and signs of other people such as a still burning campfire, footsteps or a recently abandoned camp. maybe gun shots or other human sounds. and finally you will be rewarded by finding a Person.

I think it would be technically feasible without turning the survival mode into a story mode.

In my opinion, survival mode would have a fundamental reason to survive. Namely the search for more survivors

because life isn't a fundamental reason enough to survive...?

in the immortal words of Roy Baty " I want more life f*****"

it does sound like a good idea though in principle.. trading would a be a welcome feature with NPC's

Hinterland once announced the introduction of NPCs into the sandbox. But that didn't happen. It would be absolutely awesome if they DID introduce them at some point without announcing it again. Imagine that - going on another run after an update and suddenly stumbling upon signs of the presence of another survivor. That would absolutely freak me out.

NPCs would immediately raise the question whether they are stationary or moving about. Stationary would probably be much easier to do, but would also be kind of boring. Maybe you would approach them and enter some kind of interaction screen or cutscene. But would that really be exciting? I mean, having your local merchant somewhere where you can swap items for something you need? That would make TLD more similar to all those other games out there. Yawn. Mobile NPCs would raise the question whether/how you can interact with them over the distance. I think the most exciting thing would be some villain who would shoot at you from the distance, and who would hunt you down like the Old Bear in the "The Hunted" challenge. That would actually be much more scary than being hunted down by a bear.

NPC's could be like the sherpa's in Far Cry 4... always moving...never know when you might meet one... and they should have very minimal items to trade.. and it should cost you plenty to trade for something you need... in other words it should be painful... to make it more of a last resort option

@Cr41g: of course life is a fundamental reason but after years of playing TLD I start missing other humans. It’s like in real life. 

@hotzn: no I wouldn’t prefer local people. It should be a free walking charakter like yourself. Maybe a loner, mysterious or hostile. never sure where the person will be. unless you have his or her trust or arrangement 

Archived