Burning certain pages of a of a reasearch book

SneakySquid

I think it would be use full to be able to burn for example 2 hours worth of research once these have been researched instead of having to research the hole thing and then burn it of course you can burn the book with out having fully researched it but it is a loss.It would ad to the realism that TDL is known for.       

23 hours ago, SneakySquid said:

I think it would be use full to be able to burn for example 2 hours worth of research once these have been researched instead of having to research the hole thing and then burn it of course you can burn the book with out having fully researched it but it is a loss.It would ad to the realism that TDL is known for.       

The decision to read a book or burn it is interesting, any sub-decisions would devaluate this "bigger" decision. So thumbs down from me.

Early game I always have a book or two on me for that very reason. They also start much more quickly than pretty much any other kind of fire.

I'd like to see time to start fire mattering for deterring wolves... if they can get to you before you can get it fired up, wolf struggle. Would make books much more valuable because they fire up so fast compared to anything else. It would also encourage the use of accelerants; if I were to wander around and grab all the ones I've left behind at various locations around the world I'd have dozens of 'em. I keep three or four on me but I use them so very rarely; usually only when I'm in dire danger of freezing to death if I don't get that heat source fired up NOW!

Archived