Fine tune important things in custom mode

AZHockeyNut

Prepper Caches on or off (does not affect hard coded cache at base of TWM)

Knives/hatchets/arrowheads on/off/craft only (on means you can find them or start with them, off means non existent, craft means you cannot find or start with them but you can craft them like interloper)

This allows people to better tailor the game to their liking since those things are not specified as settings directly

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the custom mode in this, it's probably the best I've seen in any game(minus mods). Saying that it could be a little better, offering a wider range of options. For example I wish I could start with a knife so I could play only in TWM with the potential for making clothes....or more optimally the option to make bone/stone tools. I also wish I could push animal populations much lower than they currently are as finding food is far too easy even with everything on low. Or open the game up for modding so we can do it.

The thing with fine tuning is that it can´t be done via GUI without having to click a million buttons, sliders and whatsoevers. I would like to see a markup language (perhaps XML-Support) where you would be able to freely change game properties and values. This would be the ultimate way of tailoring the game experience to your exact expectations.

cheers!

Archived