Dealing with the Dead

snowman

A couple of suggestions which I'd like to put out there to the guys at Hinterland.

Being a tidy minded sort of chap, it's getting me down that if you make a base at the Camp Office there's always that poor dead chap sitting at the top of the stairs.  Now, is  it possible, do you think, that we might be able to click on them and move them?  If we can't do that, the logical thing to do would be to have him slowly decompose, which of course would make the cabin uninhabitable, I suppose.  An option for the custom mode, maybe?

Secondly, how about using the dead bodies for decoy meat for wolves and bears?  Or indeed...... cannibalism, with a downside in terms of disease or mental issues (as with cabin fever).  Frankly, if you're out there, freezing and starving, a lot of normal humans might be tempted to take a sneaky mouthful of Ol' Pete the corpse.  

And finally, what if you're in custom mode and it's getting a bit hard,or boring.  Why not have the ability to change the settings on the fly, if you want, rather than start a new game?  

2 hours ago, snowman said:

And finally, what if you're in custom mode and it's getting a bit hard,or boring.  Why not have the ability to change the settings on the fly, if you want, rather than start a new game?

I have been pushing for this since Custom first came out.  +1

I made a suggestion about this here. I'm all for this, the displacement/burial of the dead. I think living in a structure that has a body right there should definitely give you some sort of psychosis (the CF mechanic would work fine). But a body in 40F+ degree temps?... yeah. I mean, that person probably died months before you arrived. That wouldn't be a "body" anymore as opposed to a pile of mush and bones and clothing. The smell would likely be horrific. But as this is just a game we're talking about here, I'd simply want to have the option to bury it, which as a game mechanic would just take Time and Energy and then be done.

Archived