Drinking Water or Eating While Walking

nicko

I find it very annoying when I am on a long walk and need to drink or eat that I cannot do these task without stopping to do so.

It would be great to open the radial menu without pausing/stopping your walk.

I think it would be much more life like and game fun to  have a drink of your water bottle or munch on a chocolate bar as you walk without the walking element to pause. Sure you might have a radial menu to continue with but as long as you holding our shift key to walk you just walk?

I'm sure it pauses/stops for a reason?  but hey your guys at HT can overcome nearly any coding issues, so would be great if you add this to your wish list of game enhancements.

anyways just a suggestion.

In a game where I can pull a 15 pound salmon from the sea, turn around, toss it on the fire for 8 minutes, then proceed to devour it in under a minute, completely, and the part you are having trouble with is the fact that you have to stop walking while you eat?

Although a "munch" function would be nice. You could designate a single liquid and food for "sipping" and "munching" so you automatically eat it. Here's the problem, such a function would require that your hands be free. The reason for the pausing is that it gives wolves a chance to blindside you. You can't shoot and eat. I might be holding my gun, but I'm helpless for a few moments while eating/drinking. Such a function that allows you to "auto eat/drink" would need to set up so it'd only be available on pilgrim. It'd be like waking up when you are freezing to death. "munching" would be a level of hand holding that should be only for noobs.

17 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Also, I think part of the pause time during eating and drinking is actually including retrieving and stowing the item in your pack.

Exactly this. It'd be different if you could hold your water bottle in your hand as you walk, or if there was a hip accessory slot to wear it like a canteen, but we can't yet and I don't think the game needs to make this a thing, seems superfluous at best. 

Archived