Moose in CH ?

tuc-tuc

Did anybody see a moose in coastal highway? I know it can spawn near the garage but, I dont want to camp there because of the wolves. Does anyone have another location? Can it spawn somewhere on the ice ? I live on jackrabbit island so that would be nice. Thanks for the tips !

3 hours ago, Cr41g said:

I have only seen it at the Coastal Townsite... it comes and goes... the wolves really aren't that a much of a problem if you are cautious

Do you know whether they will eat the moose carcass if I leave it there ? 

I am not sure....someone with more experience might have a better answer... I have never experienced meat loss on a player kill... not to say it doesn't happen... but I don't leave kills around long...I harvest as much as I can if not all... If I can't take it all I keep returning till I do..

On the upside / downside ?!!?... there is a tonne of meat to be had so if they skim a little off it really isn't a huge loss...

20 hours ago, tuc-tuc said:

Do you know whether they will eat the moose carcass if I leave it there ? 

Wolves in survival mode don't scavenge... At least they have never been observed to eat off of carcasses they didn't kill themselves. Your main problem will be decay. The longer you wait, the lower the condition of the meat that you harvest. Gut and hides don't lose condition on the carcass though so you don't have to worry about them.

If you have to harvest a carcass from far away, there are several efficient strategies. Immediately after making a kill, the meat must be harvested. Harvest the meat in batches. If there are nearby wolves in the carcass' environment then the batches of meat must be set down in a way so the wolves won't be able to consume them. This is due to their tracking behaviour. While wolves are scent tracking, they will consume any meat in their path. Alternatively, wolves around the carcass can be culled immediately before harvesting from the carcass. Wolves can also be culled before initiating the hunt. If the carcass isn't very far, each batch of meat can be taken back immediately after harvesting.

Archived