Living Off The Land: Reishi & Rosehip Tea?

Aagje

So, I finally just got the Living Off The Land achievement, well after I thought I would have. Looking back through my journals (I've been trying to keep a daily, or mostly-daily, journal for my current Survival game), it looks like the last thing I "ate" which could possibly be considered artificial would be, well, 25 days ago, when I was trapped in the Tail Section during a two-day blizzard, out of natural food, so I cooked up and drank my rosehips and reishi mushrooms.

I'd been surviving on meat for a long time before that (maybe 15-20 days), but ... yeah.

Does rosehip tea and reishi tea break your LOTL progression? Because, well, it probably shouldn't. Just sayin'.

I tried for this one also. I went for pacifist and living of the land in a single run.

Spent the first 25 days eating only catails and ravaged deer carcasses , I definitely did not use any rosehip/ reishi tea.

I also pushed on to about  day 30  still only on cattails . Still nothing. After asking around on the forum, some people thought it might be that I used painkiller after a sprain first couple days.

Could be classed as consuming something man made, even though obv  you did not get any calory benefit

I Haven't been on to attempt It again so unsure if its fixed/ what yiu can / cant eat. 

I did get the pacifist achievement though so wasn't an entirely wasted run.

It does currently prevent the achievement.  I had the same thing happen (more or less) multiple times, and finally narrowed it down to the reishi/rose hips teas.  I reported the bug, as reports are that it did NOT used to be this way. My testing through several attempts in same run showed that:

bandage/old mans beard does NOT reset achievement progress.

Pain killers do reset it

Reishi/rose hip tea resets it.

Coffee (and I assume herbal tea) resets it.

I do not know about antibiotics as I didnt use them, but assume they affect it, as pain killers do.

Do not know about found water/toilet water, as I only drank water I melted/boiled myself.

I finished this achievement January 2018.

Archived