Death Lurches & Crouching

GreenBeing

I think that "death lurches" should be disabled while crouching. I just finished a game where I was starving and freezing to death, and found myself beside a frozen river in the middle of the night. I had just got a fire going in the lee of a rock, and was scampering about, desperately harvesting cattails. That done, my condition was near terminal and I started the "death lurch". I crouched beside my fire to receive the life-saving warmth, but I kept lurching away 15 to 20 feet every few seconds, which I found wonderfully frustrating and improbable... I could not stay by the fire, and after my best efforts I died where I last lurched, on the cold opposing bank from my fire.

38 minutes ago, Mixxut said:

I think that the "death lurch" should be kept, because tjay is pretty realistic when you're close to death. Imagine being almost death and the you crouch and suddenly you don't feel dizzy anymore

Well, I suppose that I would sit down if crouching did not take care of it...  :)

I guess the following seems logical to me:

Walking = Big Lurch

Standing = Small Lurch

Crouch Walking = Small Lurch

Crouching = No Lurch

EDIT: I would also say that feeling dizzy and lurching 20 feet while crouching are two different things. Realistically, you would fall down. I think that while crouching and not moving, that the tunnel vision is enough.

Archived