A "fun" idea: Player corpse

weixing

Hi,

New to TLD and still learning the game.

Anyway, will be "fun" if a corpse will be left on the location the player die in the previous playthrough... may be with a short description on cause of death, eg. Kill by wolve, Starve to death and etc. 

Have a nice day.

This was here before. Problem with this is that you would know where to expect loot. Someone else suggested we could find dead players in locations where other people died - that would require Hinterland to collect information about the games which they dont. 

Someone even suggested that the corpse would have the loot of the previous player - this was flat out refused - would ruin the purpose of "permadeath".

If the corpse had some normal, random loot, and only one spawned per game, and it was randomly chosen from the deaths you suffered in your previous games, not simply from the last one, I wouldnt mind this. But I dont think its neccesary.

4 hours ago, Prestermatt said:

The world would be so overrun with corpses, they'd have to make it into a zombie game just to deal with them all. :D

It would be fun, though, to see a map listing all of the player deaths around the island.  I'm curious to see where some of the "hot spots" would be.

Of course it would show just the last spot where you died ;D

Another idea - a total of 1 player corpse per region. That wouldnt add terribly lot of gear, but it would prevent busybodies from collective suicides in a specific place to create a very likely loot location with three player corpses side-by-side. Could still have a limit of only 3 corpses per game, as well. Heck, it could be a setting for the custom as well - how many to have world-wide. 

Who says they need to have any loot on them?  I like the idea, but I don't see any reason why they would need to have any loot on them.  Maybe you could be given the option to write short note to leave on the corpse when you die, and that would be it.

Archived