Different season? Paddling in lakes, fishing etc....

Adam12341

So this is a very late term idea but I have been thinking about The long dark in a more warm or less snowy style. More like survival in the south part of Canada, where it still is cold, where the weather often hits minus degrees, but there is none or less snow. A place to survive in like for example Algonquin park. There is a ton of wildlife like deer, moose, wolves, bears and many other. There is a lot of rivers and lakes so canoeing would be a way of transport, and fishing could also be a way of hunting. Thunderstorms instead of snow blizzards, and even maybe a rare chance of a huriccane, which would be destructive.  I believe that this would fit The long dark, but the problem is that I don't see how it could be done. Every map in the game is located on the greatm bear island which would mean there would need to be another place where the more south style is played. Even if there would be a summer season it would still not match the south style and look. What do you guys think about this, for a future idea, or maybe even for a The long dark sequel? Here is a picture of Algonquin park:IMG_1187.thumb.JPG.64de2cfe33934c5ba7da368bfa3200d7.JPG

Check out this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/josephallen19 He often camps in Algonquin park, check out his 5 day solo canoeing trip. That is what I am talking about.

Archived