1st interloper

Simone Else

In other circumstances I'd say that it would be better to figure things out for yourself but in this instance, it should be pretty obvious from the description that you have to craft those tools.

- You start with the most minimal resources, and have to craft everything you need to survive.

Okay, maybe it's not that obvious. But those of us who were around to hear the announcement of this particular mode were made aware of that particular fact, so it's only fair that you should know as well.

Knives and hatchets do not spawn. You must craft improvised ones in the forge. You can harvest meat without thawing it if you have a hacksaw, and you can still use a pry bar or heavy hammer in fishing huts. Plenty of sticks for fires, so it's not vital. 

But one of the early objectives in interloper (other than collecting matches)  tends to be to get to a forge and craft improvised tools and arrowheads. You can't make arrows for the bow without the improvised knife either.  

daam so much for this sandbox.  

so i was doing pretty well.  i had found a few things, set up my house in pleasnt valley and made the trek all the way to the forge at the muskeg.  no food the whole time, shit weather.

got there and immediatly started making my hatchet and knife.  also made myself 24 arrowheads.  it was looking good for me.  the plan was to move out in the morning at first light to get back home. 

except my dumb ass saw what time i was and said ahh ill just sleep for 9 hours that should be close enough to sunrise.   but then i faded off to death.

i have read others posts that they died this way and i always chuckled to myself when i read it.  and now its my turn to laugh at myself.  

19 hours ago, Simone Else said:

except my dumb ass saw what time i was and said ahh ill just sleep for 9 hours that should be close enough to sunrise.   but then i faded off to death

A lot can happen in 9 hours in Interloper and it's always a challege. I once faded off to death on a glorious sunny day harvesting a deer by a fire. The cold is a constant threat and condition can fall so quickly. Recovery is always limited so whatever decision is made it needs a lot of careful thinking.

On 21.11.2017 at 6:20 PM, Simone Else said:

except my dumb ass saw what time i was and said ahh ill just sleep for 9 hours that should be close enough to sunrise.   but then i faded off to death.

i have read others posts that they died this way and i always chuckled to myself when i read it.  and now its my turn to laugh at myself.

I died like that on my first try on voyage difficulty, i think i happend after 80 days in Mystery River, i was just fishing when i was tired, had a lot of fish so my carry weight was in the red and i couldn't move (:D) on top of that i was exhausted and needed to sleep, i had my bedroll on the floor in the fishing hut and went to sleep without starting a fire and that was the end of my first playthrough, my second death, in playthrough 2, was that i bleed to death, i didn't notice i was bleeding after a wolf attack and started to chop wood :D and that was the end of my second playthrough on voyager difficulty, now i'm on my third playthrough, survived for close to 300 days on voyager difficulty, what's great (some will maybe even say worse, but i like the death to breath down my neck :ph34r: ) with TLD is that you learn in the hard way.

Yeah, FM is pretty rough. You've got to do micro sleeping (1 to 2h chunks ) to make it through the night. The downside is that you recover little to no condition this way. (10-12% tops). You better off making a long fire to last you through the night there.

Archived