TLD VR

TreeBeard

That's it really... I know there may be some transition isssues - movement would be the biggest I think. But can you imagine traversing those snowscapes in VR... sends a shiver of exxcitement down my spine just thinking about it.

Anyway, this is a un-realistic wish... but it is my biggest wish. :)

Being one of those folks who have difficulties with motion sickness brought on just from watching certain stuff on a screen, I can say now that I probably wouldn't fare well with VR, but I could see it being useful to those who like VR... And how difficult could it be though? Don't many VR sets use controllers in each hand?

42 minutes ago, Ape88 said:

Don't many VR sets use controllers in each hand?

Often, yes.. but they're not required for all games.. In many games, you still use the mouse/keyboard, or joystick/throttle with the VR headset. Such as in Elite: Dangerous, for example.

10 hours ago, JAFO said:

Often, yes.. but they're not required for all games.. In many games, you still use the mouse/keyboard, or joystick/throttle with the VR headset. Such as in Elite: Dangerous, for example.

Thats what I thought... 

11 hours ago, Salty Crackers said:

I don't think you could defend yourself as well against a VR wolf. I'd be terrified.

lol - yeah, that's what would make it such an great VR game! :D  Your adrenaline would be pumping!! :P

On 08/10/2017 at 6:23 AM, JAFO said:

It would be pretty awesome..

Wouldn't it just.

10 hours ago, Prestermatt said:

I'm not crossing The Trestle in VR, I can tell you that right now.

I forgotten about that... or some of the long climbs... I would struggle, acrophobic tendencies would kick in. I played a game earlier this year where you have to jump off the ledge of a building, about 30 storeys up... I was literally on my hands and knees peeking over the edge. I knew it wasn't real, but it took me about 10 minutes to pluck up the courage to make the jump,and properly yelled with fear when I did!
But it was one of the best ingame adrenaline rushes I've ever experienced. :D:P

• 4 months later...

Subnautica in VR sets a pretty good example of what TLD could do provided it introduced VR support.  It was on the roadmap at one point but the only word I've heard since has been a statement on Reddit by the director of TLD saying essentially that it wouldn't be the full game.  Of course, this may be specifically for PS4 VR or what not.

As someone who found the Subnautica survival experience to be an amazing journey in VR, I really hope they are looking into doing something with the TLD and the VR platforms.  KB+M and controller worked just fine for them.

Re: the above Reddit statement

Here is the quote: 

The exact response was:

"Thanks for having me!

MP: See notes about Co-Op below. I don't see us becoming more MP than that, if that.

VR: If I can find a locomotion solution that feels good for a game that is 90% about walking around, then I'll consider it. If we do it, it'll be a very specific experience built for that environment, and not a "port" of the game."

Archived