The Long Dark - The True Survival Experience

Blackbird

That must be one of the game devs right? I thought they might like it too. I was honestly surprised by this game, then I read a little bit about development and realized the team they put together was full of people who had worked on big AAA games. These are the indie teams we need to get behind and I'm hoping we get to see more from the Long Dark. 

1 hour ago, Blackbird said:

That must be one of the game devs right? I thought they might like it too. I was honestly surprised by this game, then I read a little bit about development and realized the team they put together was full of people who had worked on big AAA games. These are the indie teams we need to get behind and I'm hoping we get to see more from the Long Dark. 

Raphael is the big cheese....the head honcho.....the boss man...

I think the official title is Creative Director?

@Blackbird  First, welcome to the forums and the community. And welcome to the most fun you'll ever have while suffering!  That's a very nice little production you put together, and you did a great job presenting some of the highlights of the game, while being honest about what to expect. Well done. 

Thanks for the warm welcome and compliments on the video Troy! I can see you're a veteran of the game. I've been seriously enjoying playing on the stalker difficulty (I don't think I'm ready for interloper). And for some reason, I love moments where its pitch black, you have barely any fuel and like 3 matches and you're just hoping to make it until next daylight. The way this game forces you to be patient and adapt to the environment is amazing. Side thought - can we expect any DLC or content updates in the future?

52 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

Thanks for the warm welcome and compliments on the video Troy! I can see you're a veteran of the game. I've been seriously enjoying playing on the stalker difficulty (I don't think I'm ready for interloper). And for some reason, I love moments where its pitch black, you have barely any fuel and like 3 matches and you're just hoping to make it until next daylight. The way this game forces you to be patient and adapt to the environment is amazing. Side thought - can we expect any DLC or content updates in the future?

They are already working on chapter 3 of the story mode.  Check this out: Raph answers that question better than I can.  

As for Interloper, you REALLY gotta be a masochist to enjoy that mode. It IS truly THE most challenging survival experience I've ever played. It's just downright brutally unfair and ignorantly punishing.  Ya GOTTA TRY IT!!!!!!!! :P But, if you think 3 matches isn't very many...  

Archived