Can't find bear in Episode 2

nanashikuma

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Whatever @RossBondReturns....I helped a person who was stuck, if they listened to your baloney here they would have been stuck forever.

I wish there was a way to block people on this forum....

You are not worth talking to....too obtuse...

Ok how am I obtuse at all?

I shared specifically from my Let's Play experience that direction of travel doesn't matter.

I'm sorry if you found that obtuse.

Also feel free to block me on the forum- even though I've done no wrong to you or anyone else.

1 hour ago, RossBondReturns said:

Ok how am I obtuse at all?

I shared specifically from my Let's Play experience that direction of travel doesn't matter.

I'm sorry if you found that obtuse.

Also feel free to block me on the forum- even though I've done no wrong to you or anyone else.

Because the direction DOES matter that's why people are getting stuck on this quest with the bear not appearing at the next location, unless you approach from a scripted direction that makes the bear appear.

The people who get stuck on this quest are going to ALL the locations the bear could be, and it's just NOT there. They are spending multiple in game days looking for it. It only appears under special circumstances....the main one being approaching from the correct direction.

Then the game saves....and then the bear shows up.

Your inability to understand this because it showed up in your playthrough is the obtuse part....

How are you still not understanding this?

Just move on if this is still confusing to you....

You must be one of those people who are always right....

3 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Because the direction DOES matter that's why people are getting stuck on this quest with the bear not appearing at the next location, unless you approach from a scripted direction that makes the bear appear.

The people who get stuck on this quest are going to ALL the locations the bear could be, and it's just NOT there. They are spending multiple in game days looking for it. It only appears under special circumstances....the main one being approaching from the correct direction.

Then the game saves....and then the bear shows up.

Your inability to understand this because it showed up in your playthrough is the obtuse part....

How are you still not understanding this?

Just move on if this is still confusing to you....

You must be one of those people who are always right....

Have you even watched my footage?

I come to the shot 4 location from the DAM.

Heading towards the CAMP OFFICE.

Not in the "supposed natural way" of coming from Frozen River.

And yet the game saved and lo and behold the the bear was right there.

Therefor the direction you travel to reach the 4th spot...or any spot doesn't matter.

How am I being obtuse?

I am reporting exactly what happened in my game play.

@RossBondReturns when you first get to the tracks location, that bear isn't there for you either. It's only when you walked over to the rocks right across from the tracks there and found that container does he spawn. You have to kind of go over in that direction first to get him to spawn. It's the same thing as when I went back to the pond and came from that direction. You have to kind of be on that side near the rocks, and then he comes. He's not there at first. If you had just kept walking up and down the tracks, I'm certain he wouldn't have spawned for you.

Jump to time stamp 18:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKzhlQlmf7U&index=26&list=PLAHgiNpEwuO3HFbYoST_SX_HlXt-xno4Z#t=715.629019

I got mauled on a attempt on my third shot down low on the frozen river so I spent the night in the little cabin... and then chose to take my third shot re-attempt from up high on the after climbing up to destroyed the look out then down onto the rocks. A very safe vantage point.

My third shot was on the Frozen River and it's noted as such in my journal. After the shot for the rocks.

After the shot from the rocks I had to recover condition and headed to the logging encampment.

From there I went to the dam...and then from the Dam I went to get cat tails...and got attacked by a wolf...so I went back to the dam to recover.

Then approaching bear location 4...between Derailment and Camp Office from the direction of the Dam I found a cache/ammo box.

Then walking towards the Camp Office the game saved...and I turned to the right and took shot 4 of the Bear.

MY point still stands I was approaching from the "wrong" side and yet the Bear was still found at position 4.

8 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

@RossBondReturns when you first get to the tracks location, that bear isn't there for you either. It's only when you walked over to the rocks right across from the tracks there and found that container does he spawn. You have to kind of go over in that direction first to get him to spawn. It's the same thing as when I went back to the pond and came from that direction. You have to kind of be on that side near the rocks, and then he comes.

My point is that yes indeed the rocks are the trigger... absolutely not the direction you enter Shot 4.

As I've been stating clearly all day.

3 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

My point is that yes indeed the rocks are the trigger... absolutely not the direction you enter Shot 4.

As I've been stating clearly all day.

Yeah, I could have just walked over that way instead of walking back up the tracks toward the logging camp again. When I came from the direction of the pond, I got the trigger that way instead.

Just now, SnowWalker said:

Although, you have to admit Ross that there is a certain place you have to be at to get him to spawn.

I never said there wasn't as I stated in my last post.

I simply stated the direction of approach does not matter.

Because of how things went for me I had to approach from the rear, yet when I found the cache I got close enough to the rocks to trigger the appearance of the bear.

The accusation against me was that you could only trigger him by approaching in one direction by following it with no deviation.

Such is not the case.

14 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Except it's not.

Yes the bear is triggered by approaching the rocks.

From any direction.

Yes you can approach from whichever way. We know that now, but Old Bear won't spawn until you go over by the rocks so it makes no difference 'technically' which way you come from, as long as you do go over near to the trigger. How is anyone supposed to know that? I don't even think you realized that since it looks like you're pretty surprised to see him there all of a sudden. For you, it looks like it's a happy accident that you got him to trigger. So it is screwed up, no matter how you look at it and is why people are getting stuck. We don't know that being near the rocks is what triggers the bear. I could see over there near the rocks and beyond and didn't see a bear in there either, so I didn't walk that way. I went back to the logging camp again to see if he was back in there now. There's nothing on the map that states that the tracks location is the correct fourth location. How are we supposed to know?

1 minute ago, SnowWalker said:

Yes you can approach from whichever way. We know that now, but Old Bear won't spawn until you go over by the tracks so it makes no difference 'technically' which way you come from, as long as you do go over near to the trigger. How is anyone supposed to know that? I don't even think you knew that since it looks like you're pretty surprised to see him there all of a sudden. For you, it looks like it's a happy accident that you got him to trigger. So it is screwed up, no matter how you look at it and is why people are getting stuck. We don't know that being near the rocks is what triggers the bear. I could see over there near the rocks and beyond and didn't see a bear in there either, so I didn't walk that way. I went back to the logging camp again to see if he was back in there now. There's nothing on the map that states that the tracks location is the correct fourth location. How are we supposed to know?

Because he goes in that direction...and it's the next place you'll logically look. Somewhere near Camp Office.

3 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Because he goes in that direction...and it's the next place you'll logically look. Somewhere near Camp Office.

Not true for me Ross, he was already gone after he mauled me at the pond. I did not notice which way he went and I was hurt too bad to look around for his tracks.

Just now, RossBondReturns said:

I saw which way he left even when he mauled me...but oh well.

At least I'm not insane.

:D No you're not insane but you have solved the puzzle for us in a round about way. The big difference is to be near the rocks and I don't even think you realized that aspect until I caught the difference in your play through and pointed it out.
I didn't see him take off after shot-three because I was too worried about my condition to notice in what direction some, flying, blurry bear ran. I was freezing by then because I didn't stop at the cabin to warm up and rest first. Plus I didn't think it mattered much to watch his direction since his locations are already marked on the map. I figured if he's not at one place or the other, he'll be at the other. But he wasn't, and I never walked over to those rocks.

Also, I never noticed my game saving when I walked down the tracks the first time and I don't think it did. I only noticed it saving when I came to the tracks from behind the rocks. There should be a wider trigger area around that location, not just going near those rocks. People wouldn't get screwed up there if there was. Just like the third shot has a wider trigger area. I didn't approach the bear for that third shot from the same direction you did, know what I mean? Idk, games have trigger problems sometimes.

I'm just getting triggered.

After 5th shot I went to logging camp for night (was getting quite dark out there). And now I can't find proper blood trail (I assume it's needed to spawn 6th encounter), every I found ended in mountains. I wandered around clear cut, but no bear at all. What to do?

Any ideas?

If the bear went up over impassable terrain try to go around and pick it up on the other side.

The final shot fog is scripted to roll in which makes things pretty complicated.

It typically ends in the clear cut/logging cabin area. All you can really do is wander around there hoping to get him to pop. 

You could also try watching YouTube videos of others doing the quest to see where he probably is....

18 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

You could also try watching YouTube videos of others doing the quest to see where he probably is....

Maybe go back to the pond and double back again :D j/k I don't know which direction he runs after the fifth shot since I killed him at the fifth spot. All I know is that he's supposed to be at clear cut for the final shot. Crazy bear quest, lol.

I'm having a bit of an issue when it comes to the weather, I'm on 5/6 bear shots and I rested in the logging area so I wouldn't die and the weather for an in game week has been hazy and I can't see a foot past my face. I'm surviving off of wolves that keep coming into the logging area and attacking me (3 so far). Anyone else have this happen lol ? 

30 minutes ago, EmmyBoopBoop said:

I'm having a bit of an issue when it comes to the weather, I'm on 5/6 bear shots and I rested in the logging area so I wouldn't die and the weather for an in game week has been hazy and I can't see a foot past my face. I'm surviving off of wolves that keep coming into the logging area and attacking me (3 so far). Anyone else have this happen lol ? 

The fog is scripted. It's not going away until you kill the bear...

On 20.08.2017 at 11:00 PM, Thrasador said:

I watched videos before... And yesterday I just went similar way as some guy but bit higher and it triggered. So still I should find blood trail near box with ammo and smth (under big rock)... But i can't because i have to find first drop... So annoying.

Archived