Can Anyone Tell Me... (Spoilers)

SnowWalker

4 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

Be very aware the Aurora can come on overcast nights as well. Also regardless of what Jeremiah says one doesn't have to get all the way through the dam during the Aurora- for the record.

A good way to check for this would be to see if your flashlight will work or not, I'm thinking.

7 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Correct...it can be quite subtle in the entry way of the dam. But the flashlight working...well it's a big no duh.

So the keypad is at the control room door, so I have to get in there, do we enter the turbine room through in there now or do I have to do something in the control room and then go downstairs? Don't answer if it's self explanatory but I don't want to flub anything once it's all happening while trying to figure out some puzzle.

11 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

So the keypad is at the control room door, so I have to get in there, do we enter the turbine room through in there now or do I have to do something in the control room and then go downstairs? Don't answer if it's self explanatory but I don't want to flub anything once it's all happening while trying to figure out some puzzle.

If you get Aurora early in the night you have plenty of time to check the regular way in and entrance floor...before you even go into the control room...in the control room you have to do something to engage/redirect power... (if you've surveyed the area closely beforehand you should have a good idea of which way to go after that).

11 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

If you get Aurora early in the night you have plenty of time to check the regular way in and entrance floor...before you even go into the control room...in the control room you have to do something to engage/redirect power... (if you've surveyed the area closely beforehand you should have a good idea of which way to go after that).

Well I've checked all through the inside of the dam and know where everything is basically. I know there's a few locked or blocked doors and I know that when going downstairs, to the turbine room, has another locked door there now. Oh, but it's blocked. I'll bet we go for an elevator ride, whoohooo! Cool.  Don't tell me. I have another two hours or so before nightfall. Just checking below the bridge now for some cat tails.

1 minute ago, SnowWalker said:

Well I've checked all through the inside of the dam and know where everything is basically. I know there's a few locked or blocked doors and I know that when going downstairs, to the turbine room, has another locked door there now.

Right...I will give you one more clue...all you need is within close proximity to the Control Room. I'm trying not to be too direct or give things away...take it slowly and don't freak out. Think about what is on that entrance floor around the control room.

Just now, RossBondReturns said:

Right...I will give you one more clue...all you need is within close proximity to the Control Room. I'm trying not to be too direct or give things away...take it slowly and don't freak out. Think about what is on that entrance floor around the control room.

Check my last post again, I've edited it. :) Don't say anything.

3 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I haven't seen or heard anything about when the next episodes are expected.. do you recall the source?

No sorry. I must have misunderstood. I thought I had read a couple times in posts in here that if would be out in the fall and then I thought I actually read 'in November' a couple times. Maybe I'm losing my mind, lol. Weird. Should I try to track down everywhere I've said this now and try to delete them all before they cause chaos or something?  When are they supposed to be out anyway?

17 hours ago, cannajan said:

The key to cabin 1 is in forlorn muskeg, if you go all the way to 375 trust he will ask you to get rid of his letters which are in FM close to the radio tower, I found the key on a body at the radio tower.

Are you kidding me? I thought the letters were at that bunker thing by the old lookout and that that became un-triggered when I got dragged into the bear quest by the cut scene. Because I went up where the bunker should have been and it wasn't there. Jeez. I wish we could start a new game right at eps 2. I don't feel like doing Milton again.

you can start at ep2 - I got a bugged bear so restarted EP2

You find a prepper cache type place which needs the aurora to open, and then you have to wait for it to return to get out - took me a few days and was nearly dead of dehydration when it finally arrived.

honestly thats where the key was,  and in the No1 cabin a few food items and clothes, insulated boots iirc but I left them, nothing special :)

@SnowWalker I found this article for you (and everyone else too, lol):

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-long-dark-story-mode-release-date-set/

It says:

It is worth noting that the devs reckon that "6-10 hours [duration] for the two episodes seems pretty consistent". Hinterland also notes that episodes three to five will arrive between now and "into 2018." 

So I guess the rest will follow any time between now and a year from now, lol....

Also, that means you have more than enough time to get up the gumption to start totally over again from the beginning and not miss ANYTHING. I'd wait at least another month though to make sure the patching is totally finished....

50 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Hinterland also notes that episodes three to five will arrive between now and "into 2018." 

So I guess the rest will follow any time between now and a year from now, lol....

Yep, one thing you can basically take to the bank is that if Hinterland mentions a year at all, than It'll be in that year and probable well into that year before we get it. I def don't want to wait a whole year though man, that'll be a drag. But yeah, I'm not going to start it over again for awhile, but thanks though.

On 13/08/2017 at 1:55 PM, abacusjax said:

I brought them to the hydro dam once to check if you can use them on the gate in the (now) blocked hallway. You can't. 

Last night I had a dream that after bringing the bolt cutters *all the way back* to the dam it turned out there was another gate I failed to test. I was so annoyed.

Archived