Can Anyone Tell Me... (Spoilers)

SnowWalker

2 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Ok, so heavy bolt cutters....only for hunting lodge fence....got it. Thanks for clearing that up! Encumbrance is frustrating enough without carrying around an extra tool that is only necessary once....

Tell me about it. 1.5 kg, In Metric, I can only carry 30 kg.

@SnowWalkerif you have trouble with the aurora make sure you sleep in one hour intervals at night to get it to show up. Like trying to sleep away a snow storm.

Also there has been a bug with getting the aurora to appear. The solution currently is to press the elevator button, which gives a journal update on screen, but doesn't actually update the journal. I don't know if it is the quest you are currently on....or a different one....but be ready for that...

I know it's one of the last quests after hunting the bear...

4 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

I know it's one of the last quests after hunting the bear...

Thanks Thras, I hope I don't have too much trouble. I haven't really run into many bugs except for the invisible wolf and the barn re-spawning wolf and the bear not spawning when he should have. But yep, that's the quest I'm going to now.

Just now, Thrasador said:

That's new...they didn't ever used to be locked...

No and neither were some of the lake cabins locked before. Don't forget to check the dead guy at the hunter's blind at Alan's cave, but I think you'll find the note for that at the dam. The middle trailer at LC is locked and two of the lake cabins.

28 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

No and neither were some of the lake cabins locked before. Don't forget to check the dead guy at the hunter's blind at Alan's cave, but I think you'll find the note for that at the dam. The middle trailer at LC is locked and two of the lake cabins.

So do any of the dead guys have keys on them? Have you found keys in any of the unlocked buildings? Or are they simply just locked in Story mode and that's it?

29 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

So do any of the dead guys have keys on them?

Yeah, you can find the keys for them, like the safe deposit box keys. I know the one guy at Alan's cave had a key for a lake cabin and I had another key for the other lake cabin which I can't remember for the life of me where I found it. Maybe at Camp Office or Forestry Lookout or even maybe at Dave's Quiet Clearing or the Unnamed Pond cabin, I can't remember, maybe at the trailers at the dam too, or the truck at the dam, but I know there's not one to be found up at the old lookout. Not the dead guy who's not far from Unnamed Pond cabin either. There's no dead guys right at that cabin in Wintermute.

Well, off the top of my head there's one place you didn't mention. The lake overlook. If you walk up the frozen river that feeds the big lake with all the lake cabins there's some ropes that go up to the overlook. There's a cave up there too, usually with a dead guy. Sometimes a firestriker in sandbox. Since it's a huge pain in the keester to get up there....I'd reckon I'd put a key or some reward up there for checking it out. It doesn't necessarily mean the devs did....but I would....

1 hour ago, Thrasador said:

Also there has been a bug with getting the aurora to appear. The solution currently is to press the elevator button, which gives a journal update on screen, but doesn't actually update the journal. I don't know if it is the quest you are currently on....or a different one....but be ready for that...

Yeah, the aurora didn't appear the first night I'm back at the dam. I'll try the elevator button when I play again later. Dinner time.

5 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Yeah, the aurora didn't appear the first night I'm back at the dam. I'll try the elevator button when I play again later. Dinner time.

Okies....

Yeah if you press it and you get a "quest updated or mission updated" message on the screen, then you know it did something. Then at some point after that keep waking up at night till it pops. It can still take a few days Patrick said even if it was working right, but why waste a few days not pushing the button and then several more after pushing the button...then you'll have to go kill and eat another deer....

2 hours ago, Thrasador said:

So do any of the dead guys have keys on them? Have you found keys in any of the unlocked buildings? Or are they simply just locked in Story mode and that's it?

i finished the game and i could open all the doors locked.i can tell as well i remember there were none at the lookout of mystery lake  i think generally the keys are more or less close to the respective doors to unlock but i cant remember the exact locations .sorry pal

2 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Okies....

Yeah if you press it and you get a "quest updated or mission updated" message on the screen, then you know it did something. Then at some point after that keep waking up at night till it pops. It can still take a few days Patrick said even if it was working right, but why waste a few days not pushing the button and then several more after pushing the button...then you'll have to go kill and eat another deer....

:D I should go back and get another 10 - 12 kg of bear meat to tie me over then ('tie me over' being the correct term and not 'tide me over') He's just a hop, skip and a jump away, lol. Oh and I also have that dead wolf now too. I don't know what I'll do with myself if it takes days though, lol. Pass time a lot? Maybe take a walk back up to the old lookout again since I know there's a can of beans up there that I didn't take because of weight...My clothes are good, my equipment's good...

21 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

:D I should go back and get another 10 - 12 kg of bear meat to tie me over then ('tie me over' being the correct term and not 'tide me over') He's just a hop, skip and a jump away, lol. Oh and I also have that dead wolf now too. I don't know what I'll do with myself if it takes days though, lol. Pass time a lot? Maybe take a walk back up to the old lookout again since I know there's a can of beans up there that I didn't take because of weight...My clothes are good, my equipment's good...

Whatevers clever....do what you want, lol....

3 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

Be very aware the Aurora can come on overcast nights as well. Also regardless of what Jeremiah says one doesn't have to get all the way through the dam during the Aurora- for the record.

So you're saying we can take our sweet time about it if we want?

4 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Well, off the top of my head there's one place you didn't mention. The lake overlook. If you walk up the frozen river that feeds the big lake with all the lake cabins there's some ropes that go up to the overlook. There's a cave up there too, usually with a dead guy. Sometimes a firestriker in sandbox. Since it's a huge pain in the keester to get up there....I'd reckon I'd put a key or some reward up there for checking it out. It doesn't necessarily mean the devs did....but I would....

Yeah, I didn't go up there at all. Maybe I will go check if this aurora takes forever.

Archived