Best Prepper Cache for Stalker

quarter

I've played this game alot, but haven't taken a game much beyond 200 days.  Right now, I'm alternating between two games, both at about 50 days, and most of the time in PV and ML so far.  I was considering running one out as far as I can.  I was wondering if the right prepper cache will make much of a difference long term.  In one game, I found the PV clothing cache and have two Expedition Parkas.  The other I found the PV weapons cache, so have the extra rifles and ammo, plus one expedition parka that was at Signal Hill.  I'm thinking that the one with two parkas is better long-term, but interested if anyone has experience that would suggest otherwise. 

Those caches are no game changer, they help a bit and that's about it. In Interloper there aren't any caches at all and people still survive past 200 days. The one cache I value the most in Stalker is the Weapons cache, simply because it allows me longer to hunt with a rifle before I have to switch to bow or fishing.

I've always had the most luck in ML. My current play through I found the weapons cache near the Lake Office. There were 2 rifles and a bunch of ammo, plus another rifle in the Dam. Before I had those, I found one somewhere else on day 1. So I'm sitting on 4 rifles and like 30 bullets just within ML. I think 4 rifle cleaning kits as well, so I'm good for a while. 

Usually I move on because its not much of a challenge after a while. Although, I've not made it to 200 days yet, so I suppose I just haven't waited long enough for it to become too challenging. I'd like to say I'll go for that 500 day achievement, but I'm sure I'll die long before then.

As I understand it, there are only a few that can spawn? Like, only one per region? I found a clothing based cache in Mystery Lake, and had looked around, using a map to try and find the others, and could not. I don't even use any of the clothing I found in it, but the cloth does help. I switched completely to animal based clothing. 

5 minutes ago, Piers Arkan said:

As I understand it, there are only a few that can spawn? Like, only one per region? I found a clothing based cache in Mystery Lake, and had looked around, using a map to try and find the others, and could not. I don't even use any of the clothing I found in it, but the cloth does help. I switched completely to animal based clothing. 

There is one prepper cache randomly spawned in Mystery Lake, and another one randomly spawned in Pleasant Valley. There is also another "permanently" placed one in the Pleasant Valley, the "Abandoned Prepper cache" which is right next to the rope that goes up the Timberwolf Mountain.

And no, they are not a game changer - because most games have such an insane amount of saplings you are likely to never run out before dying, plus if you set up your location in Jackrabbits, you can go out beach combing and you will find more saplings spawned this way. Meaning that as far as bows go, you will never run out (except out of metal, I think, since I don't think the metal bits spawn through beachcombing, but there is such a ridiculous amount of metal in game it shouldn't be a problem)

Thanks for the comments.  I initially was leaning towards the weapons cache, figuring that the extra ammo would add up to a bunch of extra bear meat later in the game, but didn't realize you could beachcomb for saplings.  I've never had any interest in trapping rabbits day after day, so maybe give that a try.  SO I think I'll focus on the game with two parkas. 

Archived