Starting over???

RyzeXIII

Hey I just finished episode 1 on Xbox one and it didn't transition over to the second episode. 

So.. I started a new story for episode 2 but all of my collectibles and knowledge is gone. 

Is this how it is supposed to be? Please help 

I've seen a few people come a cropper where they've finished episode one and have moved on to episode two and have lost their inventory in between, starting with a different 'default' set up. 

I think this happens when a player selects 'New' and then selects Episode 2 after being returned to the main menu screen post Episode 1 credits. If you click 'Resume' instead, it should immediately launch you into Episode 2 but allow you to carry over your old loot and gubbins. 

Could we have a confirmation, and maybe a fix to make sure new players aren't frustrated by the lack of carry-over if they select the new option? Perhaps a 'Continue with Old Wintermute Inventory' /  'Start Afresh' option when starting Episode 2?  

Cheers!

I just selected "resume" when the game pushed me to the main menu at the end of ep1. Can you load your ep1 save? I think once you unlock each episode you have the choice of starting the story from there. So selecting "new" is doing that instead of taking your character all the way through. 

Yeah this is a known issue. Ive refused to play until its fixed. I won't start Episode 2 with nothing.

Will post my text from another thread...

After walking through the cave and completing Episode 1, the game skips to a cut-scene of the old guy getting mauled by the bear. After the cut-scene, it kicks me back to the main menu. When I hit continue or resume, It brings me back to my last save (Entering the cave). When I hit load, there is only the option of Story1. No Episode 2 option appears. The only way to continue on to Episode 2, is to start a new save file which leaves you with none of the gear or goodies you collected throughout the first episode. 
I have tried restarting the game, creating a new save by sleeping in the cave. It seems as though I am forever stuck in this loop and unable to continue with all of my gear and the only way to proceed is to start Episode 2 as a new save with no progress or gear... :( 
FYI Xbox One version.

Only problem is that for people playing on Xbox One, if you hit resume, it doesn't actually resume at Episode 2. It just goes back to the cave like its stuck in a loop. The only way to even progress into Episode 2 is if you start a new game. 

From another post I made...
After walking through the cave and completing Episode 1, the game skips to a cut-scene of the old guy getting mauled by the bear. After the cut-scene, it kicks me back to the main menu. When I hit continue or resume, It brings me back to my last save (Entering the cave). When I hit load, there is only the option of Story1. No Episode 2 option appears. The only way to continue on to Episode 2, is to start a new save file which leaves you with none of the gear or goodies you collected throughout the first episode. 
I have tried restarting the game, creating a new save by sleeping in the cave. It seems as though I am forever stuck in this loop and unable to continue with all of my gear and the only way to proceed is to start Episode 2 as a new save with no progress or gear... :(
FYI Xbox One version.

15 minutes ago, Citizenfour said:

Yeah this is a known issue. Ive refused to play until its fixed. I won't start Episode 2 with nothing.

Will post my text from another thread...

I have tried restarting the game, creating a new save by sleeping in the cave. It seems as though I am forever stuck in this loop and unable to continue with all of my gear and the only way to proceed is to start Episode 2 as a new save with no progress or gear... :( 
FYI Xbox One version.

Right there with ya :( I also won't play until it's fixed. I want to play the game as it is supposed to be played, in a story progression. Not begin new in episode 2. That's not how it is supposed to be played :( 

8 minutes ago, Mel Guille said:

Hi everyone. We recently released some patches to address these issues -- are you still having trouble bringing gear over into Episode 2?

It's fixed for me! I'm starting episode 2 right now :)

10 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

Hi everyone. We recently released some patches to address these issues -- are you still having trouble bringing gear over into Episode 2?

A patch for the Xbox version?? I have background downloads on so I don't even know if ive received an update? was there a patch released?

I am still experiencing this problem with Xbox 1. I finished e1 and then resumed in the cave loop. I started a new e2 game, because I couldn't carry over anything, and I've been working at it from scratch. When I got the bug fix confirmation I tried to go back to my e1 save to try to resume to e2 with my gear, but it's still the same loop.  Is their something different I can try?

26 minutes ago, GypsieRose said:

I am still experiencing this problem with Xbox 1. I finished e1 and then resumed in the cave loop. I started a new e2 game, because I couldn't carry over anything, and I've been working at it from scratch. When I got the bug fix confirmation I tried to go back to my e1 save to try to resume to e2 with my gear, but it's still the same loop.  Is their something different I can try?

Yes, mine was still on the loop also. However, if you redo the cave once more after the cut scene if you press resume it should move on to episode 2.

Archived